Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects

santi
Rising Star

Re: Disconnects

Hello,

If possible since the start of my connection if doable. If not the past 1 year would work. Longest time range would be ideal in trying to guestimate if there is any other interferences
santi
Rising Star

@MasterOfReality Another disconnect tonight so something is definitely going wrong somewhere..

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @santi 

I'm sorry to see you're still seeing disconnections. While in theory we can choose any start/end date when bringing up records in our connection logs I've only ever seen maximum of a year brought up. I've selected the date your service was first provisioned as the start date but the earliest the log is showing is 28/08/18. 

Your connection is fairly intermittent and there are more drops than I'd say is normal, my recommendation is to report a new fault at http://faults.plus.net, we'll arrange another engineer and raise an escalation with our suppliers to get this thoroughly investigated end to end. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

@Gandalf thanks for the report. I've raised a fault ticket aswell.
santi
Rising Star

I've also been doing some reading. My router stats are currently:

Maximum data rate: 15276 / 76476
Noise margin: 5.8 dB / 3.2 dB
Line attenuation: 18.8 dB
Signal attenuation: 0 dB / 18.8 dB
VPI / VCI: 0/38
Modulation: G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Do you think the 3.2db noise margin may be an issue? I've seen others having intermittent issues where the DLM is set up so it assumes the line is not as stable and set to 6db? Is this something we should try or let the engineers investigate the actual issue first?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @santi It's possible the 3dB noise margin may be causing the issue but I'm afraid we've no remote control over this for a fibre line. I've just added a reply onto the new fault ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=193901577 you've reported. Could you let us know once you've responded with your availability for another engineer visit? I'll then ensure an escalation is raised to get this investigated further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

@Gandalf I've responded to the ticket thanks
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Thanks @santi,

I've booked your engineer appointment now and have added the details to the ticket here. Please let us know if this needs rearranging.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
santi
Rising Star

@EmilyD thanks for this. @Gandalf did mention he would raise an escalation once the engineer is booked.. just wondering if this has been taken care of aswell
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @santi,

I can confirm that an escalation has been raised and we will keep an eye on it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
santi
Rising Star

Hi there

@Beyhive @Gandalf the engineer just left. Unfortunately he couldn't do the fix he wanted to. He had observed drop offs when testing for a longer period on my line, and wanted to change the pair at the cabinet. Unfortunately he said there were no pairs left so has reported back?

Not sure what follows now
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @santi 

We will wait for the engineer report notes, assess them and then update you accordingly as to how we proceed with this. 

Sorry for the length in time it is taking to fully resolve. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @santi I'm sorry to see the engineer was unable to fix the problem although it is promising to see they've identified one. We've received the engineer notes and they've raised what's called a LLUMS case to investigate further hopefully repairing the faulty port at the cabinet. We're to expect this to happen on Monday. 

We'll let you know as soon as we know more but feel free to let us know if you notice any developments.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply @Gandalf - Will I need to be home on Monday for this? Also what happens once/if the faulty port is repaired, will I also be moved over to that fixed port or will that require another engineer visit?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @santi You shouldn't need to be home, the engineer should be able to repair the port and/or move you over to another port if needed. If they're unable to repair it, they may need to call in replacements which might take longer but we should receive updates on the progress towards the end of the day.

If you're still experiencing connection problems following the port being repaired/replaced, we'd likely need to arrange another engineer visit but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet