Re: Disconnects

@Gandalf Thanks for the response.. I've updated the ticket
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Santi, 

I've just made a booking and updated the ticket for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
santi
Rising Star

Cheers. One question, my connection has been stable coming up to 3 days now, what couldve gone so wrong on Saturday that it caused a number of disconnects and then sorted itself on Sunday? Also is it still worth having the engineer around if he'll just see my line as stable pretty much
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @santi,

Thanks for getting back to us.

With regards to the engineer appointment this is something that is up to you, if you decide to cancel the appointment now as it more that 2 working days away there would no charges etc. Do let us know how you would like to proceed with that one.

I've taken a look at past Radius connection logs and there seems to be a pattern emerging where your services drops on Saturday and then stabilises on the Sunday. Is there anything that turns on turning this time e.g. heating/air conditioning, neighbouring baby monitors, TV recording devices etc? These may be interfering with your signal and causing these drops.

Thanks.

santi
Rising Star

Hi there,

As far as I can tell nothing extra is turned on in the weekends. But if there is a pattern and the engineer is coming on Saturday maybe he can catch it in action I hope. The location of the router is pretty isolated as well, being on the bedroom on the first floor. So nothing much nearby plugged into it apart from my landline phone.

I'll keep the engineer as there is proof of disconnects, so hopefully I won't be charged if there is no fault find in the moment he comes..?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @santi 

Can't give you a definite on this as it's not up to us - but we will review it if and when it happens.

I'll keep the engineer as there is proof of disconnects, so hopefully I won't be charged if there is no fault find in the moment he comes..? 
santi
Rising Star

Understandable as I was told this for the prior engineer visits aswell.

I'll just keep the engineer visit as what happened on Saturday was unacceptable, hopefully he can find the true cause.
santi
Rising Star

Engineer just left. Fixed an issue at the top of the pole, caused by a weak termination by the previous engineer he thought.

I shall monitor the connection for a week or so, hopefully all is good now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cheers for the update @santi, I'm glad to see the engineer identified and fixed a potential problem.

Fingers crossed you don't get anymore disconnections but if you do feel free to yell.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

@Gandalf 2 disconnects today and yesterday.. any issues with the line again? 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @santi 

Line seems fine and there hasn't been a drop since. How are things at your end now? 

Thanks, 

MoR

santi
Rising Star

Are those disconnects on Monday and Wednesday acceptable? Disconnect on Tuesday I don't mind as much as it's at a time when the household is asleep.

The other 2 I can notice as it's during peak time in the household, I'm just trying to guage if this subtle annoyance is acceptable limits? Also looking closely it seems like 2 disconnects closely together..

When I first signed up to plusnet I had longer stretches around months of no disconnects...
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for getting back to us @santi.

I've tested your line and that's not showing any cause for the drops you've experienced.

Any drop is far from ideal however there are numerous potential causes for a drop and we can't always get to the bottom of the cause.

At the moment the number of drops are below what our suppliers would class as an intermittent fault.

I'd recommend monitoring the connection and if the drops continue to occur I'd recommend raising a new fault here and then posting back once you've done so.

This will allow us to get that picked up straight away for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
santi
Rising Star

How far back can these connection reports go to? I want to try figure out any correlation for these disconnects. They seem to disappear after each engineer visit for a week or so then slowly creep back in randomly.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @santi 

We can manually configure RADIUS to check any time period. 

I don't *think* there is a limit on how far back we can go - I surmise the inception of the account / initial connection. 

What timescale do you want us to try and look at? 

Thanks, 

MoR