Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects

santi
Rising Star

Disconnects

Hello,

Couple months ago I raised an issue with me having frequent daily disconnects at random times. Recently I have started to notice some creeping back in. Getting a tad annoying once again..

Can someone check my line if all is good and show me the frequency of disconnects?
103 REPLIES 103
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Disconnects

@santi,

As requested here's a copy of the connection logs for your line:

It doesn't look too bad but the majority of the disconnects that are there are in the evening, with many of them being around the 7:30-8:30pm mark. Is there anything in your home environment that you can think of that might come on around that time?

santi
Rising Star

Hmm interesting.. I don't see any obvious causes at that time, probably one or two extra mobile phones connected to the network as everyone's home but nothing that should cause disconnects.. (just had another one just before typing this message coincidentally)

I am assuming as the disconnects are not really consistent with any pattern there's not much that can be done? Line checks all fine etc I'm guessing too?

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @santi, thanks for your post.

Looking at the results of the above graph, I'm not seeing a fault or any sort of indication that there is a fault on the line.

I've run testing on the phone line, in case there was potentially an underlying issue, results below:

NFF.PNG

I've also run testing on the broadband component of your service and the results all look fine, as seen below:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID <REDACTED FOR SECURITY> Service ID <REDACTED FOR SECURITY>

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 61.2 Mbps
Upstream Speed 12.3 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 582.6
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From 20:45 to 21:00
Interference Location Customer Premise
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-10-24T10:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 64.6 Mbps 66.8 Mbps 65.4 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 12.3 Mbps 12.9 Mbps 12.6 Mbps
Up Time 792.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.6 Sec
Retrains 0.0 2.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-11-06T09:49:32Z 2018-11-06T10:04:32Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 2 2
Errored Seconds 1 1
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

At this point, as we just aren't seeing an underlying fault, I'd recommend accessing the Openreach test socket to see if the drops stop. We use the test socket to eliminate any internal wiring or faceplate issues. Instructions below:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Once you're in the test socket I'd recommend monitoring the connection for drops over the next 48 hours.

Please let us know how you get on.

santi
Rising Star

Hello thanks, I'll give it a go again.

Just to note I've had this problem previously.. See this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Disconnects/m-p/1546462#M77082

History repeating itself? Back then the test socket didn't solve the issue so I have no hopes of it fixing it now, but I shall give it a go.

One thing interesting to note is that yesterday I had 2 disconnects straight after running speed tests from my main PC. Any relevance?
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @santi 

Shouldn't be of any relevance really - that's not really something I have heard much of before. Speed tests don't really have anything to do with disconnections, save from when DLM has kicked in and speeds are reduced because of drops....but looking at the above posts from @JOLO and @OskaPapa this doesn't seem to be happening. 

Could be coincidence, which I always hate saying as it sounds like "dunno guv", but in this case I think it's my best shout...at the moment anyway. 

Can you let us know how you get on with the Test Socket steps and we can progress forward accordingly once we have that info. 

Thanks,

MoR

santi
Rising Star

Hello,

Test socket did not improve my connection, had a disconnect yesterday. I have no extensions wired up etc so just as expected I would get the same results. Not sure if there's anything more you guys can do I guess now? as the disconnects are spaced out daily or so..

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @santi,

Thanks for the update.

I'm afraid at the moment, we're just not seeing enough drops for this issue to be considered 'service impacting' and so there isn't a great deal more we're able to do.

By all means, if it deteriorates we'll be able to run fresh testing but at the moment we're not seeing any sort of fault on the line (both the phone and broadband components)

Please get back to us if you notice the frequency of drops increase, or with any further issues you encounter.

santi
Rising Star

Had couple more noticable disconnects today - I think I am going to start pushing for more of an answer than the usual not enough disconnects frequency now. I am paying for a service, correct? It's bloody annoying when on Skype calls for work, and while gaming in my free time that I suffer these disconnects and I can do nothing about it?

Surely there must be some form of procedure to go forward and investigate this issue..

When I first signed up to PN there were periods of solid weeks of no disconnects etc, so surely something is wrong somewhere.. Little bit of background I've had previous engineer visits where there was 1/2 faults at the start my contract, so its a new master socket, wiring checked from inside, no extensions connected etc, hub at master socket etc.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @santi 

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing. 

I have updated the Broadband troubleshooter which you opened on your account. You can find this here

Please reply to the ticket with the requested information - once done, please shout up on here so one of us can progress forward accordingly with this issue. 

All the best,

MoR

santi
Rising Star

Hi, @MasterOfReality I have replied to the ticket.. Also I hope I won't be charged if no fault is found? Clearly there is a fault somewhere.. Whether if its found during the engineer visit or not is a different story.. Thanks

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @santi,

Thank you for updating the ticket.

Your appointment for an engineer has been booked for 12/12/2018 between 8am-1pm. As we can see that your connection is intermittent, it is unlikely a fault will not be detected. In circumstances where the fault is intermittent we can asses this on a case by case basis, especially if the issue persists after the engineer visit.

If the appointment needs rearranging, please let us know as soon as possible so we can make the relevant amendments for you.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
santi
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply.

Engineer just left, he found some corrosion on the top of the pole of my line.. He stripped it back and reterminated it again so hopefully this fixes it. I shall monitor it over the next week or so and let you know if the problem persists Smiley
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for the update, @santi - let us know how you get on!

Best wishes

Dave

santi
Rising Star

Hello,

This weekend has seen some bad disconnects.. can you check it from your side again and see how frequent these have been? Prior to this wave of disconnects the line was fairly stable.. staying online for over a week at a time?