Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects

jim13
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Disconnects

Second time I've tried to post this as I got yet another disconnect!

Raised tickets twice as disconnects have been happening for months. All i ever get in return are messages saying my line is being checked or the fault lies with outside contractors. Great, but it still isn't fixed and I'm getting seriously fed up.

Report the fault again?

Oh sure - if I can get through!

Another eighteen months of this contract to run. Sheesh!

11 REPLIES 11
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Disconnects

Hi @jim13,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue. I've taken a look into this today and upon testing your line I've not detected any issues with the broadband connection, nor can I see that the connection is frequently dropping out as the graph below shows.

As this is the case, I'd like to ask a couple of questions pinpoint where the issue lies, so please can you confirm is this is happening through Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections and if it's happening across all of your devices?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jim13
Rising Star

Yes, the problem happens across three devices, (two laptops and an iPad) and happens whether I'm connected with an ethernet cable, on wi-fi or both at the same time.

My router (engineer installed) was new around six months ago and i had the same problem with its predecessor.

Jim

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for confirming this @jim13.

As you're experiencing this issue through wired and wireless connections I'd recommend going through our online troubleshooting guides which can be found here and here to see if this helps to improve the connection.

Please let us know how you get on with this and if you continue to experience any further issues so we can investigate the matter further if needs be.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jim13
Rising Star

Tried these many times to no avail I'm afraid..

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry to hear that's the case. When I'm looking at your connection, it doesn't appear to be dropping out as can be seen in the graph below.

Please can you confirm if you've experienced any repeated drops in the connection today from your side?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jim13
Rising Star

Still dropping occasionally (not this morning so far) and, as all of my equipment such as router, ethernet cables, micro filter etc are new, the problem must be at the cabinet. Oh well. Nobody has died. I'll just bumble along and have a coffee whenever the system goes down.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Jim. Do you notice if the light on the front of your router changes colour more often that indicated below?

This would help identify if the line is dropping or if something internal is.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jim13
Rising Star

I don't know as I work in a different room. next time I get a drop I'll go and have a look.

Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Jim.

P.S. Your talk of coffee is making me want one now. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jim13
Rising Star

Have one and watch the footie !

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

You're the boss.

Though, I'm not a massive fan, but I watch the world cup now and again.

We actually have the football on in the office now. We're winning!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet