Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects

astonman
Grafter

Re: Disconnects

Hi Santi

Have been having identical problems since "upgrading" to hub one very annoying

plusnet seem to go through the motions but it takes soooo long interesting to see how your replacement router

goes..

alalsacienne
Grafter

I've had similar issues for a few months now. Using a PN Hub1 the connection seems to drop several times a day, sometimes every two hours.

An engineer came yesterday but a short while after he left pronouncing no problems at our end, the connection went down again.

He said the next step would be a replacement router and I've been in touch with technical support about that. Just waiting for a reply.

It's so frustrating. We've been with PlusNet for years and they've always been brilliantly reliable until recently.
santi
Rising Star

@astonman the replacement router had no effect what so ever on the disconnects. Just waiting on the engineer to come tomorrow and see if he can locate the issue.

santi
Rising Star

@adamwalker @Gandalf Engineer just left today. He did some work outside near the telephone line pole. Hopefully it fixes the issue.

I was wondering if you can check if he did a DLM reset? My max sync now is at 54 Meg, whereas last week it was closer to the 65/70 mark

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Line tests aren't showing a profile which indicates that they've put through a DLM reset.

Let us know how your speed looks over the next day or so.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

@Gandalf I seem to have had one or two disconnects since the engineer left yesterday afternoon. I've had no change in speed so I'm guessing that's not due to the DLM?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear you're still getting disconnections.

Line tests are showing your router in sync at 51mbps still, and you're on an open profile which means the line isn't banded: "0.128M-80M Downstream 4dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off".

As your speeds are within your estimates we may need to wait and see if the disconnects happen more frequently before we look at arranging another engineer visit.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

I'm not too worried about my speed as long as it stays similar to what it is now (Although not overly happy my max sync rate is slowly dipping, currently at 49 Meg). Just worried that the disconnects do not come about again..

Had 2 disconnects I've experienced since last night, I'll monitor the coming days.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah the disconnections can be more frustrating. Keep us posted, fingers crossed it remains stable.

If we do need to arrange another engineer visit we should be able to raise an escalation with our suppliers first as it'd be a repeated engineering visit.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

Just a question, should I be expecting disconnects today due to the DLM or something? I've had a handful of disconnects throughout today again.. Not too sure if it's the same issue or is it the DLM trying to find my optimum sync speed etc
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thanks for getting back to us @santi. It is normal to see a few drops after work has been carried out. We would need to monitor your connection for a further 24 hours to see if it stabilises out. We will keep you posted here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
santi
Rising Star

So, I've had more disconnects today. Pretty annoying today as they happened while I was using the Internet. I'm slowly but surely starting to get more annoyed by this problem day by day..

How is it on May 2nd or so all of a sudden my Internet just went so unstable.. In April I had 26 days straight no drop outs and then bam it all kicked off..

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this. We'll get this picked up as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team