cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects in the daytime

Jayvr6

Disconnects in the daytime

My fibre line keeps disconnecting at random times of late (multiple times a day), I have replaced master socket with the newest one available, new router (draytek 2762) and all new cabling from the box to the router.

Not sure what is going on and we get some odd connection rates, usually 17999 but now and again it goes as low at 10399.

Any suggestions ?

3 REPLIES 3
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Disconnects in the daytime

Hi @Jayvr6

I am sorry to hear you're having broadband issues. I've had a check of the connection and there definitely seems to be something out of place somewhere as we can see the drops from this end as well, although our tests aren't picking up exactly what's causing the issue so we will have to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault, please click here to raise the fault and let us know once you've done it so we can progress the fault for you. - Faris

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Jayvr6

I have raised a fault, came home today to find it completely disconnected from the internet.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

We'll get the open fault updated for you shortly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team