Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects becoming more frequent and speed down

sca1
Dabbler

Disconnects becoming more frequent and speed down

Hi,

Until recently our fibre connection had been exemplary - 40MBps speed and the connection would stay up for months.  Just recently (last week?) we've been getting fairly frequent line drops and the speed (as appears in the router) is down by about half.  Nothing has changed with the setup at all.  What might be going on?

Thanks,

Stephen

3 REPLIES 3
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Disconnects becoming more frequent and speed down

Hi @sca1, I can see that there have been multiple drops on your line and your speed is in sync lower than we would expect, however testing isn't detecting what may be causing this. 

Can you run through our troubleshooting guides here and and also report the fault here.

If you can also connect your router to the test socket  and leave it connected this way for the time being.

Please let us know once you have completed the above and we will investigate further for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
sca1
Dabbler

Hi,

We have a "Mk4" faceplate with a built in microfilter, on inspection it looks as if it had come a bit loose.  I've reseated it and the speed looks to have picked up again a bit and noise ration has improved too.  Do things look any different at your end?

Current stats are:

6. Data rate: 9999 / 38170
7. Maximum data rate: 22360 / 71289
8. Noise margin: 14.3 / 14.2

Is the upstream rate capped at 10MBps?  I can't recall what it was before.

Thanks!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, everything looks fine from our point of view, at this stage I'd keep an eye on things for a few days just to see if the connection remains stable. I'll set a reminder to check in with you on Friday. 

With regards to the upstream 10mbps is the correct maximum for the package you have with us. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team