Did you mean: 

Disconnects at roughly same time every day

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Disconnects at roughly same time every day

Hello @mcintoshuk,

We can see that the engineer has noted that another visit is required due to the fault being weather related as you have advised. Our faults team will monitor the fault and provide an further update as soon as we know more.

We are also sorry you have received the bags too late. If you have any further concerns in the meantime, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
stuz10k
Dabbler

Hello - Could someone post the graph that shows the availability of the connection of my line? Where it shows the uptime please?

I have just factory reset at 11am, but would like to see previous

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @stuz10k 

I hope this is what you were after? 

Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you 

Thanks 

stuz10k
Dabbler

@MasterOfReality Yeah, spot on, thanks - What do the session start/close represent? 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Close is when the connection drops and Start is when it kicks back in again @stuz10k

Anyhting else we can help you with? 

stuz10k
Dabbler

The problem I had previously seems to be creeping back.

Disconnected last night at 2200, and the previous night before - Same errors dating back from March on the router logs.

Is there another fault on my line? The engineer who was here 3/4 weeks ago fitted a new master socket. It was fine for about a week...

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @stuz10k,

I've tested your line again this morning and from our test results we're not seeing any faults show up on the line and looking at your connection graph, everything appears to have been stable since the drop on Tuesday night.

As this is the case, there's nothing we can do from our side at the moment as, hopefully, the connection will continue to remain stable. The best thing to do at the moment is to keep an eye on the connection and if you notice any further issues in the future or the connection begins to frequently drop out again then please get back in touch with us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
mcintoshuk
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I've updated my ticket as the problem has reappeared today, with a vengeance. A couple of drops already today and since about 11:48 I haven't been able to get a stable connection at all. Currently using my tablet/mobile to post this and add to the ticket.

stuz10k
Dabbler

My current drop outs since 20th June...

20th June - 10:30am
21st June - 03:45am
22nd June - 22:05pm
24th June - 06:30am
24th June - 11:00am - Factory reset hub
25th June - 20:00pm
26th June - 22:05pm
28th June - 22:24pm
30th June - 05:48am

mcintoshuk
Rising Star

I could probably live with one drop out every one or two days, so long as it reconnects right away. And mostly that's been the case since the last rainfall, but for around twenty minutes today it was dropping, struggling to re-connect, and then when it did connect would drop again within two minutes. I've connected into the test socket on the master using the microfilter that came with my replacement router as suggested in PN's reply on my ticket, but I know that's not going to make a monkeys of difference (I'm an electronics engineer with a MSc in Digital Systems Engineering and 39 years of experience in fault finding electronics). It's an intermittent fault (which is always a PITA to find) in the external line and subject to weather conditions, so I'm glad that when the OpenReach engineer first visited he was able to see it, and on the pair as it entered the house (with the master socket totally removed).

mcintoshuk
Rising Star

Back on a mobile connection again as I'm currently suffering another spate of persistent failed attempts to reconnect VDSL. Looks like it started about 35 minutes ago. Really, this needs someone to just accept that the external line is damaged and get it replaced, else we'll end up in a recurring loop of "we can't find a fault" only to have it recur the next time we get a spell of good weather.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Thanks for the update. You mention rain, and I suspect this could be the case, perhaps on some joint.

I'm updating your open ticket with progress for you.

RADIUS Logs

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
mcintoshuk
Rising Star

@plusnettony Thanks, I've updated the ticket. Saturday was warm and Sunday quite hot locally which I think reflects in the level of drops around the middle of the day. I'm at work right now so can't check the router logs, but my wife says "the internet has seemed OK" today, but it is much cooler and more humid today. Wednesday looks like being a good bit warmer.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've moved everything forward for you. I've updated your ticket with the details. Let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
mcintoshuk
Rising Star

Ticket updated. I'm not particularly happy with the response of the engineer who visited today, although I appreciate the difficulty when it comes to intermittent faults. I wasn't home when he visited, but from my wife's account it sounds like he couldn't find a fault so just unplugged the USB memory stick from the router.

When I get home, I'll see what the speeds are like, but since the weekend downstream at around 29Mbps has been a bit over 1/2 of what I'm used to and upstream less than 1Mbps, compared to 8-10Mbps normally.

Edited to add:

Although the sync rate now looks to be more "normal" according to the router log ("PPPoE is up -​ Down Rate=42581Kbps, Up Rate=8565Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.0dB, Up=6.2dB") and upload speeds look more like they used to, they're still down on what I used to get and the actual measured throughput is considerably down - see attached chart of download speed tests.