cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections

pittdj
Grafter

Disconnections

I am getting more than my fair share of disconnections. I have tried a change of router, just in case but it's not that. When the disconnections occur the DSL light is off on the EchoLife HG612 modem, am I right in assuming that cannot be my fault, anything local to me, other than the modem itself. The DSL light does flash from time to time and may reconnect but other times it seems to be necessary to power down the modem and wait a while. I thought I would ask here as the PlusNet's websites are down so a ticket could not be raised ATM.
7 REPLIES 7
Martin123453

Re: Disconnections

hi Pittdj,
Im getting the same problems as you are and have also changed my router as you have. no matter what i do i still get the same problems over and over again, im very close to my junction box on my street and the engineer made a joke about if i worked for NASA that i could run a space station with my connection, apparently its that good but for some strange reason my wifi keeps disconnecting itself and takes awhile for it to sort it self out or it will be the connection from modem to router that cuts out.
every time iv contacted plus net about this situation they always check my line, i dont know whats causing this loss of connection and am seriously considering leaving plus net unless its sorted out
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi both,
If you're still having the issues I'd suggest running through http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/ and reporting this to us at https://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pittdj
Grafter

The last spontaneous disconnection was 3 days ago and fault has now been closed by the supplier.
It was never clear what caused the disconnections but it turned out that the way to restart it was to lift the phone off the hook momentarily.
Unfortunately download rates are now some 10Mb/s less than they were before the disconnections started, which is not at all satisfactory.
Alison123

I'm also having the same problems, I have changed routers twice, the wifi freezes at least 3 times a day which causes streaming TV to just stop & unable to load web pages. The socket that the modem is connected to is a little loose & this may cause a problem. I have found that since my wifi price was decreased & I took an 18 month contract that my service has been dropping on & off. I'm totally unhappy with the service & would lime something done. Plusnet replied with the following information & I have done all the tests they have asked for. I've also supplied my speed test info from 2 different occasions when things are going ok
Martin123453

since my last post iv purchased a net gear router and have never been disconnected since iv set it up, my Wi-Fi never cuts out or needs resetting and im constantly connected to the internet when i want to be, i have to say charging £5 for a router and then experiencing all the faults iv mentioned and have seen other people mention, dont you think its time for change plusnet, how many more people need to complain about the same problems only for you to check the line and logs for any disconnections.
i used to highly rate plusnet as a brilliant internet provider but if you insist on choosing the same path as Talk Talk and loosing more customers then you truly deserve to be a failing company with no future     
pittdj
Grafter

My line has now been fixed, it was a duff master socket. The line is now the best it has been for a long time with a BT profile of 41.46Mb/s and a PlusNet profile of 40Mb/s.  Actual downloads are just over 36Mb/s. I thought I was on 40/10 but Unlimited fibre now seems to be up to 38Mb/s. The BT Wholesale checker thinks the downloads to be a slow. What should I expect?
Anyway thanks to PlusNet for the fix, I am very pleased with the service.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I'm not sure why it's flagging it as a bad result as it looks fine.
Glad to hear it's been fixed
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team