cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection very frequently

dannywong1997
Hooked

Disconnection very frequently

It happens 2-4 times per day with both wired and wireless connection ,and this is very frustrating for me since I usually spend most of my free time on competitive gaming,I've tried connect to the internet via BT HomeHub5 router or Plusnet 2704n router ,but the problem still remain  Sad
8 REPLIES 8
dannywong1997
Hooked

Re: Disconnection very frequently

the problem still exists Cry ,I got disconnected twice today .. can someone help me please?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I suggest reporting a dropping connection fault using the troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net. When your connection drops does the BT modem lose sync with the DSLAM or is it just the PPP (Internet) session to Plusnet that drops?
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@dannywong1997
Sorry to hear you've been having an issue with the service, I can see a fault was reported against the account yesterday so you'll be receiving updates from us over the next few days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dannywong1997
Hooked

"Dear Mr Wong,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your phone service. Before we investigate this further, please see our video help guide below:The link is
you are unable to watch the video for any reason the steps are outlined below.We need to find your master socket, this is often the first telephone point where the line enters your home. If you’re still unsure of what that looks like, we have a guide here - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/master-socket-guide.shtmlWhen you've found it you need to make sure it’s working properly:* Locate your master telephone socket, and unplug all other equipment from the line (ideally, please try this from the test socket (behind the removable front plate of the master socket)* Now take the corded handset and plug directly into the master socket. * Pick up your handset and see if you’re still having the same problem.If you have done all the above checks and the issue is still evident then we can arrange to send an engineer to you. However, if an engineer visits your premises and the issue is found to be caused by your equipment, internal wiring or as a result of damage to BT equipment a charge of £50 may apply. This is why we advise of the above checks.If you wish to proceed with an engineer appointment we need the following information:* Agreement that if the issue is caused by any of the above that you may receive a £50 charge.* An alternative contact number preferably a mobile* Availability should an engineer need to attend the premises, between the hours of 8am-1pm & 1pm-6pm Monday - Friday.You can reply to this ticket here with the requested information. Alternatively, you can call us on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200, pressing the option to raise a new Home Phone Fault."
Here is the email reply I got recently from you guys which is not helping the situation at all ,and I am still suffering from the disconnection  Undecided , I hope someone can help me to fix this problem please .
amcclean
Rising Star

Have to identified if it happens at specific times of the day etc. Also have to tried a direct PPPOE connection missing out the router and plugging directly between PC and MODEM. If I have any connection issues I find it's always good to PPPOE to help rule out my router etc.
see: http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
podman
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I see you've told us there's no dial tone on the phone. This is something we really need to fix first as that's going to be having a knock on effect on your broadband, that's also why you've received that reply to your fault report.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dannywong1997
Hooked

thank you for all the reply :),still there's no dial tone on the phone after I plugged the corded handset directly into the master socket,what can I do next?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you reply to the ticket you received at contactus.plus.net with the information asked for then we'll be able to get back on to this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.