cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection at same time every day.

jamiegs123

Disconnection at same time every day.

Hi,

For the past few weeks I lose connection every day at 1.00am.  As I am a bit of an night owl this is pretty inconvenient as I am usually trying to finish something before going to bed.  If this is due to some required automatic maintenance would it be possible for it to be set for a later time say 5.00am?

Hope you can help.  Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Disconnection at same time every day.

This has all the typical hallmarks of local interferance . Do you have something in your home that switches on or off at approx 1am. Maybe the central heating?. Or something connected to a timer.
Do you live in an area where the local council switch street lights off at a set time?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're experiencing drops overnight.

Our tests aren't showing the cause for them.

I agree with @Shep41, do you have anything on a timer, which may be going off at around 1am?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamiegs123

Thanks for the replies.  The only possible thing I can think of would be the Electric / Gas smart meters.  Maybe they send their readings at that time.  I'll have a look tonight to see if they show something.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem, let us know if you managed to find anything out.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team