cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting every 12-24 hours

larryvanhowe

Re: Disconnecting every 12-24 hours

Hi,
I have exactly the same issue in Lewes, Sussex. It all started early last week about the same time as Openreach was scheduled to do maintenance in Lewes. I have an engineer coming tomorrow. I will report back if he can resolve the issue.
Larry
progwardy

Just thought I'd keep this updated. I didn't get time to report the fault yesterday, but this morning - once again - no Internet connection (day 4).
Thought I'd try mikeybe81's method of removing/replacing the DSL link between the modem and the Openreach box which worked (rather than switch off/reboot ).
Really time to report!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If others are having problems with their connection I'd advise going through the troubleshooting guides and reporting faults/starting your own threads otherwise it's very hard to help.

The reason for this is that several different people posting about similar symptoms but unrelated issues detracts from the original posters query and makes it harder for us to keep up with the thread.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
corystes

Engineer confirmed a fault and replaced the openreach modem  Internet stable for 24 hrs.  This a.m. dropped twice in 15 mins.  Plusnet going to send a new (or unused!) router.  Watch this space.
bsydd1949

I on Thursday i changed the cable from the phone to the master socket when talking to Plusnet on mobile
Line now tested ok only one disconnect for 15 min  in about 40 hours
When that phone cable was connected it was showing an intermittent loop fault .
Fingers crossed Roll_eyes