cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected 25 times a day!!

mattprince
Grafter

Disconnected 25 times a day!!

This fibre broadband is a shambles. I am getting disconnected at least 25 times a day , ive had the last hour disconnected 6 times and had to reset the routers each time. I want out of this contract and want to move to another supplier. I had issues when i was in my last contract and have had a belly full. Can somebody please look into my account and get a manager to authorise it to be closed early as a contract is a 2 way thing and im getting [-Censored-] service.

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Disconnected 25 times a day!!

Hi Matt,

image146298865056

Your broadband has seemed pretty stable up until today, and a line test doesn't show too much issue. It may be best to head to faults.plus.net and raise the issue.

Are you encountering disconnections over a wired, or a wireless connection?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Disconnected 25 times a day!!

This fibre broadband is a shambles. I am getting disconnected at least 25 times a day , ive had the last hour disconnected 6 times and had to reset the routers each time. I want out of this contract and want to move to another supplier.

If you are getting disconnected it is unlikely that switching to a different supplier will make any difference because you will be using the same line, connected to the same port on the same cabinet as you are now. It's possible (though unlikely I think) that another ISP's choice of modem might improve things but then you don't need to switch ISPs just to try a different modem.

From what MattyC has posted it sounds like a fault has just developed so by far your best course of action will be to get that reported to BTor for investigation. Changing ISPs at this juncture will just add a delay of a couple of weeks before you can report the fault to them at which point they will do exactly what Plusnet can do you for today Wink

It might however be worth explaining further what you actually mean by disconnection. If PN's systems aren't showing them it suggests they are a different kind of disconnection (application specific) which could be something that changing your ISP would fix. So: How do your disconnects manifest themselves?