cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect Loop

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Disconnect Loop

I've been having a few disconnections lately also where the box is flashing orange and then getting itself back on again, it's not been too bad as it's usually been early hours and does come back on in about 5 minutes but it is getting annoying specially when I'm watching my TV,some of my referrals have left Plusnet recently because they were constantly having problems and having a go at me over it so I've been getting that quite a lot recently too.  

The drops with the router did it a couple of times earlier this month, then again about a week ago and again last night so it's not like it's constant but it seems this has been a problem for people all over as I've seen it a lot on Twitter, for example.

I saw someone tweet "Why does my router keep going off and on again" which someone said "It's happening to loads of people across the UK. Not just talktalk but all services that use BT exchanges including Plusnet and Sky. My router has been in a disconnection-reconnection loop for hours now.", which is the same that's been happening for me during this period so I think a lot of people are having it at the moment. 

It is just getting a bit annoying when you have to constantly keep going through things, all we want is a good solid internet connection we pay for.

The Wi-Fi issue Plusnet very kindly fixed about a month ago has been absolutely spot on by the way, it's been really good and I've been really impressed with it so thank you!! (I just hope this continues).

Thank you so much for all you do by the way, I do appreciate it and I know it must get tedious for you guys too when people keep coming through with problems so do know I appreciate it Smiley 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Title edited to reflect issue after split to new thread..
11 REPLIES 11
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Disconnects

Moderator's note(s):

Post split from https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Disconnects/m-p/1660421#M98951 for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

I'm confused, why has my post been moved to a new thread and then linked me to someone else's post in the same thread I replied to?

Mav

Hi @robbieglover2k 

The split was requested by @Gandalf and I assume it may be because your situation is a little different from the thread you posted in.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Oh ok, so updates will be in this thread then? Confused me lol 

Mav

Yes, they will be.

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Thank you Smiley 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @robbieglover2k 

I;ve had a look at your connection, and it looks solid to me with only 3 drops in the last 3 days 

These drops are in the early hours, which is when our suppliers often run routine maintenance and up-keeping tasks. These can cause the DSL to drop and reconnect. 

Please let us know if you start to notice this happening more frequently and we will investigate. 

Thanks, 

MoR

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Ok thanks, I appreciate you maintaining things to give us the best service of course but it just has been a lot lately, I didn't even know I had as many as three in the last three days but a couple of weeks or so there was a few also as mentioned above.

Is there some maintenance going on at the moment? I don't mind of course if it's improving the service but would be cool to get a notification so we know and can expect it.

Thanks for kindly looking into this. 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @robbieglover2k, thanks for getting back to us.

Are you seeing more drops than the above graph would suggest?

I ask as it actually shows 3 drops in the last 8 days, (not 3, apologies for the above typo), from 14/10-22/10 which we definitely wouldn't consider to be a fault.

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

No, as I say it has been pretty consistent on a whole but up until recently I've never had any really where as this month there has been a few as the graph shows and also there was some in the earlier part of October, can't remember how many as such but there was once where it dropped twice near each other too, I forget the time. 

As long as it's going to be ok I don't mind, as I say I understand and appreciate maintenance but I was getting a little concerned while all of a sudden noticing some of these happening and the router flashing and resetting until it eventually went blue again.

It was like when you restart the router yourself how it boots up, all that Smiley 

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @robbieglover2k I appreciate your concerns. Unfortunately we don't get made aware of supplier maintenance before it goes ahead. It's more a case of we'll test your line and the testing flags the outage in your area.

Given that you've had 3 drops in 8 days isn't really a concern. It's not likely to have been maintenance, but more a case of there being a little interference during those points in time. Its perfectly normal for the odd drop to happen from time to time so don't worry and hopefully that's the end of it, but if you notice the drops becoming more frequent, let us know and we'll investigate further.