cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing speeds compared to what was offered

arkwright007

Disappointing speeds compared to what was offered

In the advertising for Fibre Broadband Extra Plusnet offer an average speed of 66Mb, on the latest BT broadband speed test I registered 10.8 Mbs at best (1.9 MBs at worst!!), and the worrying thing is the maximum achievable speed is 11.23 Mbps - nothing near what is being hyped. 

Surely this in breach of the OFCOM code of practice?

I have tried contacting customer support but with wait times of up to 45 minutes today.

Any comments or help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Disappointing speeds compared to what was offered

What was  your speed with your previous ISP ?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

What speeds are you expected to get - put your phone number in the DSL Checker ?

What speeds are you connecting at - log on to the router and go to the advanced/Helpdesk tab.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

@arkwright007

Welcome to the Forum.

The wording you quoted sounds like that is the generic description of the package giving the average for those on that package (what used to be advertised as the up to 80 Mbps package).

Plusnet should have given you a separate estimate for what you would actually get when they signed you up; what did Plusnet promise you then? . What does http://dslchecker.bt.com/ say for your line?

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @arkwright007

I have checked your line today, and your download speed is much lower than it should be at 11.8Mbps, however, the upload speed is sitting at 8Mbps. Can you please connect to the test socket and re-run the test, to rule out any internal wiring issues.

If you are still experiencing issues after this, please can you raise a fault and let us know when you have done so.