Did you mean: 

Disappointing speeds compared to what was offered

FIXED
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Disappointing speeds compared to what was offered

@headonastick, there are a lot of factors that can affect wifi speed, many of which are unrelated to your broadband service or even your router.  That is why @MatthewWheeler is asking for a wired test.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

headonastick
Dabbler

@pjmarsh wrote:

@headonastick, there are a lot of factors that can affect wifi speed, many of which are unrelated to your broadband service or even your router.  That is why @MatthewWheeler is asking for a wired test.

Yes I'm simply saying I do not have a card installed on my PC!

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

No problem @headonastick, I was just trying to explain why Matt was asking for some wired tests, rather than just wireless.  If wired tests were ok, then the next steps are very different than if you still have issues whilst wired.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Just how old is the PC ethernet ports are built into the motherboard on every PC has been for years now even laptops. 

headonastick
Dabbler

@Terranova667 wrote:

Just how old is the PC ethernet ports are built into the motherboard on every PC has been for years now even laptops. 

Not necessarily, I custom built my PC without a motherboard with built in ethernet, perhaps you got yours from Currys or PC WORLD. Please don't make the assumption that I am ignorant. I built my 1st PC 27 years ago when I needed a 56k modem and my d/l speed was amazing if it got above 6kbs.

scoobysnax1
Hooked

Hello, i have added info to my fault - can someone look at this please?  Maybe explain a bit too please?  What could i be missing - tried new filter, leaving bb for 2-3 days to try and settle - nothing. 

Thanks

Scoobysnax

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Fix

Hi @scoobysnax1, sorry to hear the issue persists. looking through the fault notes and what you've tried, if your adamant the property doesn't have a test socket and have tried a new filter my advice would be (which I can see the fault agent today has advised also) we go forwards in arranging an engineer to come and investigate further.

Being the line length is 1.5km almost and we are seeing signs of errors I'm personally leaning towards there being an external issue somewhere.

Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-05-09T14:45:30Z 2018-05-09T15:00:30Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 4 11
Errored Seconds 0 11
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

So we can arrange an engineer to come out and investigate further could you please reply to your open fault here with the required information:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=173752028