Did you mean: 

Disabling SIP ALG

FIXED
ellythemoo
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Disabling SIP ALG

Hi all

I see a few years ago this wasn't possible - is it possible now please? I'm trying to use a VOIP phone I use at work at home but it's not working.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Disabling SIP ALG

Fix

Assuming you have the PlusNet supplied Hub One, then No , I'm afraid it's not possible to disable the SIP ALG. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ellythemoo
Rising Star

That was easy - thank you. I have the white router with the big blue light on it.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yup, that's a Hub One. It's really not a good router for VOIP (SIP)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ellythemoo
Rising Star

Ok thank you - any ideas what I should get instead? Work may pay for it.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

If cost is an issue then get a BT Business Smart Hub 6 from ebay. They can be configured for PlusNet and AFAIK you CAN disable the SIP ALG. (Note it MUST be the Business version)

Otherwise, I've successfully used a Draytek router and am currently using a Zyxel VMG3925-B10C, with my voip phone connected to the office PBX.  The Draytek routers are excellent but not cheap.

The basic criteria is that you must be able to disable any SIP ALG. I believe most of the TP Link routers will allow you to do this but I cant confirm that myself.

Here a starting list of VDSL modem routers ( I assume you want wifi as well ) https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/store/wifi-routers/vdsl-wifi-5-routers-ac/?sort=3&page=1#content

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@ellythemoo 

If you are on a budget then get a BUSINESS BT Smarthub 6 from an auction site such as Ebay. Setting instructions are here  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85....

Screenshot from my hub:

ALG2.jpg

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Baldrick1 thanks for confirming that the SIP ALG can be disabled on the Bus Hub

ellythemoo
Rising Star

Thanks very much all!