cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling SIP ALG

drBobPlusNet

Disabling SIP ALG

Anyone have a clue as to how to disable SIP ALG on the Hub One router?  The new router is based on the BT Home Hub 5.  On that you can go to advanced settings / Firewall and then got to Application Layer Gateway and switch it off.
Of course BT don't rely on you spending fortunes on expensive calls  .,,  Wink
In my case I have a SNOM phone which I use for work which tunnels through to a VPN and I also have a Cisco Handset which registers itself as an extension on our work network.  I cannot use the latter properly as when I call another extension, two way voice is not established.  Cisco support say I need to disable ALG which they can see enabled on my router.
Any ideas, anyone?!
4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Disabling SIP ALG

Judging by the number of times this has been asked on the BT Community, the Hub one is the same as the BT HH5, then it is not possible, and you will need a more suitable router.
drBobPlusNet

Ah yes, the BT Business Hub does have the option but not the home hub.  How irritating.
I'm a very competent software engineer, but not a networking expert.  Any ideas about a more suitable router and how to set it up for Plus Net?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It depends on how big your budget is!! Have a look at a few of the answers on here.
What were you using before? If it has a WAN port you could get an Openreach modem and use that? Or change the ip address on the Hub 1, and plug your router into one of the LAN ports.
Also, if you ever take TV you will need a suitable router.
andyhck26

I have had this same problem previously as I run Cisco SIP VOIP phones for the family and work and the BT home Hub definitely doesn't have an option to switch off SIP ALG annoyingly! But the BT business hub does, I managed to pick one up quite cheaply off a eBay and just copy the settings across from the other hub. Plusnet technical support were pretty helpful too in getting this working....