Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Responses From Support Re Broadband Issues

nokiboi39
Grafter

Different Responses From Support Re Broadband Issues

Hi,
I logged a ticket re issues with my Fibre Broadband and PlusNet advised that there was no apparent broadband issues but a suspected Voice Fault and that I should raise this with BT but that "If your telephone provider has confirmed that there is no fault on the line, please let us know and we will raise this to our suppliers for further investigation"
I checked with BT who state that there are no issues on the line and that if I wanted I could book an engineer but that if no fault was found or in my premises that a charge would be levied.  I reported this back via the ticket and the response I then got from PlusNet was different from the first in that they stated "Thank you for getting back to us. Unfortunately the remote broadband testing doesn't give us what issue it's detected only that it has detected a phone line issue that need the voice provider to progress, which makes it difficult to advise further.
Please speak to your phone provider about this as they should be able to advise further.
If issues persist with the broadband when this is resolved please let us know so we can investigate further"
I don't particularly want to phone BT India again on the issue especially taking into consideration as to how far it got me with the fault on my mother telephone recently.
Any chance of another viewpoint from PlusNet?

5 REPLIES 5
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Different Responses From Support Re Broadband Issues

It's sound advice really. We need the copper line tested, and the best way to do that is via your call provider. I believe BT would do automated checks for you - or on their web site. If that comes back clear, let us know and we'll take it from there.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
nokiboi39
Grafter

Hi Tony,
Thanks for the response.
I did contact BT and they advised no fault found hence I then updated the ticket to this effect at which point Plusnet provided the 2nd response saying I should revert back to BT.
Cheers
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When you use the phone is it absolutely clear with no background noise? (Dial 17070 option 2 for the quiet line test)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
nokiboi39
Grafter

Hi Jelv,
I have tried the quiet line test and on a number of times it is clear and others it has noise.
Cheers
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Can the person at the other end hear the noise? If they can, when it's noisy is the time to call BT and get the person you speak to to note that they can hear the noise.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)