Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did something just barf a bit?

FIXED
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Did something just barf a bit?

I just lost my connection part way through browsing. LAN was fine but no WAN transport. Rebooted router and it all seems fine now 😕

5 REPLIES 5
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Did something just barf a bit?

Fix

Nothing flagged on our monitoring, you did have a very long stable connection too until this happened, will keep an eye out but you should be fine in all honesty Smiley 

Mayfly
All Star

Same just happened to me. I couldn't even reach the router for a soft disconnect so had to switch off at the mains. Took a while to reconnect but up and running again now.

tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I'd had a stable comnection for a couple of months & then it suddenly went down at 09.45 on Monday 6 Feb. I also had to do a full power down & it reconnected about 30 minutes later.

Andrue
Pro

The plot maybe thickens then. I also thought I was on a dodgy gateway after it came back so an hour later I disconnected and reconnected. After the reconnect I couldn't resolve any host names. I could ping external IP addresses but didn't seem able to get any useful packets. LAN access was fine (I run my own mail server from home and my laptop and phone had no problems accessing it using loopback). So I restarted the router and it all came back properly.

This is a new(ish) router so might be a quirk but it seems a bit odd. It's a Billion 8800 and they are generally well regarded. It's not actually handling the DSL connection. I decided to leave that to my trusty HG612. Anyway I've decided to set it to reboot every Saturday morning and see how it goes.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

definitely an odd issue, I'll keep an eye on your connection from our side for any drops as things go ahead but please let me know if you see these issues with external access again