cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone else just lose all access (~1828)?

FIXED
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Did anyone else just lose all access (~1828)?

It might just have been DNS but whatever it was rendered my router unable to do anything other than respond to pings. It couldn't even display its own status page. I hadn't actually got to the point of rebooting it yet and it shows an uptime of 48days.

There's nothing showing on my TBBQM at the moment but it won't quite have scrolled into view. Plus my router was responding to pings from the LAN so may also have been responding to WAN pings.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did anyone else just lose all access (~1828)?

I've got nothing unusual showing at that time on my TBB QM graphs pinging from the outside.

I also have reverse ping monitors that send pings from my router (every 10 seconds) to both the PPPoE Plusnet gateway endpoint, and to my IPv6 tunnel endpoint.

Here is the plot for the Plusnet PPPoE monitor, showing 0.00% packet loss at 18:28 -

PPPoE quality.jpg

The fact that your router couldn't even display its own status page, would suggest that your local network connection dropped out, or the router experienced a power brownout ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fix

Looking at the Plusnet collection of customer's TBB QM - PingGraphs

tends to indicate that nobody else experienced a similar dropout at or around 18:28.

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Yeah it was really odd. My TBBQM is also clear. I was in the middle of preparing a meal so had to go back into the kitchen. When I came back five minutes later all was fine. No need to reset or disconnect anything. Looks like my router just dropped into a weird kind of 'fugue state' and stopped routing for a few minutes (my server logs also show an issue so it wasn't the laptop). I've never known the router do that before and I've had it since before I joined PN which is several years ago.

3d1387697bab5716c8775b3a3ea8a2d6-17-10-2016 

Incidentally how do we add our TBBQMs to the PN collection?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andrue wrote:

Incidentally how do we add our TBBQMs to the PN collection?

The instructions are here -> TBB Ping Graphs

Wink.

22over7
Rising Star

@Niburu, the instructions you've linked to ask for a live graph URL to be posted in a reply in a locked thread. In fact every thread in the Community Announcements forum is locked.  It looks to me like someone decided to can this feature, but I could well be confused...