cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices random lose connection

LazySnail

Devices random lose connection

Hi All,

About 2 months ago we had a massive electrical storm which fried my PN Hub, i reported the fault to plusnet and they found a fault and replaced the hub and repaired the fault. Now I'm left with an intermittent problem that devices lose connection despite the hub staying connected.

1. Mobile phone says no connection, but all other devices stay connected
  2. Xbox/PC lose connection but other devices stay connected
  3. Smart speaker drops off

These are just examples and can be any number of devices and the hub stays blue.

I'm holding off calling PN as i know they're busy but if anyone has any ideas/advice?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: Devices random lose connection

From what you are saying, it sounds as if you are losing the wifi connection from your device(s) to the hub rather than losing connection from the hub to the internet? Go to the hub log and see if it thinks it lost connection to the internet.

is this a Hub One - with a blue light on the front? There is a known problem with these. Some kit - particularly Apples - can have a problem with the Hub One broadcasting on 2 frequencies.The solution is to give each signal a different ID. How to do that at https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Devices-stop-working-on-5-GHz-connection-Wifi-drops/m-p/1395...

LazySnail

ty for the reply,

I don't have apple, and this seems ridiculous thing to do. I've never had any issue like this with BT or Sky. But I'll give it a go.

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

I agree it is bizarre but I have known it work for other routers. That is not to say that it is a solution to your problems. But it will eliminate one possible cause of them. Let us know whether it works please.