cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices disconnecting randomly

Eirikur

Devices disconnecting randomly

I switched to plusnet on unlimited fibre extra about two months ago ever since I have the issue where devices disconnect and cannot reconnect for a while or I have to reset the router. It's not only Wifi devices but also the TV which is connected with a LAN cable.

It seems to happen randomly to my devices some keep working and some not. Quite worried about this as my children will have to sit remote exams for school

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated Unknown

3 REPLIES 3
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Devices disconnecting randomly

Welcome to the Forum @Eirikur 

You say that devices lose connection. Is that (just) the connection to the Hub, or does the Hub lose connection to the internet? Or to put it another way, can some devices still access the internet while others have stopped working? Does the big blue light on the Hub ever go out?

It is probably not a solution to your problem as you say that you get drops even with a wired connection, but you may be aware that there is a wifi problem with the Hub. The recommendation is to give separate names to the two wifi frequencies. See https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Devices-stop-working-on-5-GHz-connection-Wifi-drops/m-p/1395...for how to do it.

Please let us know how you get on.

Eirikur

Thanks @BrightonRock 

It's just the connection to the hub as other devices stay connected to the internet at the same time. The big blue light stays on.

Will try the solution you provided, but my understanding from an old post I read on this forum, was that it was mainly a solution for apple devices. I got mostly android and windows devices and only one iPhone

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

@Eirikur 

Thanks for coming back.

Splitting the wifi may indeed not help but it is worth trying if only to eliminate that as the source of your problems.

Please let us know how you get on.