cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices can't connect to router after reboot

dahipster

Devices can't connect to router after reboot

Hi,

Started having an issue with my PlusNet Hub One recently.  After a device reboots, whether it be android phone, Windows 10 PC / Laptop, Samsung Smart TV, it cannot connect to the router, usually I give up after a couple of minutes of telling it to connect then I reset the router and it connects.  Once connected, absolutely no issues.

Is there a maximum number of devices that can be connected at any one time?  And is that split across wired and wireless?

I have recently added a second NAS, both wired, but this is temporary while I transfer all the data from one to the other and I'm just wondering if that has tipped it over its maximum threshold.  I have just had to restart my Google Pixel and it won't connect, I've logged on to the hub admin page and there's only 3 wireless devices connected, 1 @ 5GHz and 2 @ 2.4GHz.  The phone finally connected after about 5 minutes, this is too long.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Devices can't connect to router after reboot

Could it be that the NAS is setup with a static IP address which conflicts with the address range of the DHCP pool? This could be one possible cause of the symptoms you are seeing.

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Also check if the NAS contains a DHCP server, if it has, ensure it's disabled.

dahipster

DHCP is definitely disabled on my NAS.  Thanks for your reply Smiley

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

As @mikelahey said.

I aussume you use DHCP from the router, so the devices should be on the same subnet.

I would check the devices are not set to a static internal IP, whithin the DHCP range. I'm no expert but I think you may be getting an IP clash, and once you restart the router it dishes out different ones. Just if it dishes out an intenal IP to device A and device B already has it on static, then your network is broken.

dahipster

Taking on board what seveal people have said, I switched the NAS to a new IP address and that seems to have fixed the issue.  Must have been some clash somewhere.  Thanks all for your help.