cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices Continually Disconnecting - Wired and Wireless

AlexThomson

Devices Continually Disconnecting - Wired and Wireless

Hi,

I've had my Hub one and been connected with plusnet for 2 months or so, since day one I've had consistent connection issues which I don't think are related to my actual phone line and changing channels etc doesn't seem to work.

Any device I connect to the router, whether it be wired or wireless, works fine for a few minutes and then seems to lose connectivity, at which point nothing will load until either 1) I wait a few minutes for something to come through again or 2) I disconnect the device and then re-connect (in the case of wireless devices, I turn the wi-fi on the device off and then on again; in the case of wired devices, I seem to have to fully turn the device off and then on again).

This is not too big an issue when using my mobile phone because the 4G signal is faster anyway. But when attempting to use my Sonos system, which was really expensive and worked brilliantly when I was using my Sky router, it's extremely annoying as because I have to manually unplug the speaker if I want it to work again. Likewise with the hard-wired blu-ray player which I watch Netflix on.

I know the phone line and devices are fine because they all worked fine when I was with Sky.

I've raised the issue several times with Plusnet and they've verified the connection into the property is fine. Woohoo!

Have I just been sent a dud router, then?

Thanks,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Devices Continually Disconnecting - Wired and Wireless

Are the devices still showing as connected when this happens?

If so can you try accessing http://192.168.1.254 to see if you can access the router.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
AlexThomson

Yes, all show as connected and claim to have full signal strength but no data gets passed.

Selecting different channels seems not to do anything, I've tried a fair number. Even if that worked, I'd still have the issue on the wired devices.

Thanks,

Alex

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

What devices do you have connected?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵