Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in provisioning

FIXED
Nom_D_Plume
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Delay in provisioning

I was due to go live today but there's been a delay due to openreach needing to do some traffic management(?) and I've been placed in a queue until some equipment is available. Ce la vie and just awaiting the provisioning team to get back to me but I have doubts that the openreach ticket will contain any more information.

SoI thought I'd ask to see if anyone else had experienced the same thing and could explain (a) what it means and (b) how long did it take to get it installed to get a feel to see if I need to make backup arrangements.

Minor rant: What's really frustrating about this is that Openreach had a months notice of the installation date and only find out there's a problem on the day they're supposed to install. Due to a disability I need to make arrangements for help getting things up and running and since I don't have a clue as to when it's going to happen I can't even make provisional arrangements.

4 REPLIES 4
Nom_D_Plume
Hooked

Re: Delay in provisioning

I'm going to update this first with a thanks to Alice B for her message.

It turns out that the traffic management issue is actually due to real traffic (i.e. cars) and not data traffic  so when they were talking about traffic management and traffic lights it's physical traffic lights and not some sort of technical mumbo-jumbo.

Knowing where the cabinet is, I'd want traffic lights before working on it.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Fix

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch @Nom_D_Plume

I am sorry to hear your broadband order was unable to be activated today, unfortunately upon placing the order neither ourselves or the suppliers would have foreseen this happening. I can see our suppliers have stated that traffic lights are required for this order, they have raised the relevant request off to the traffic management team and we have been advised to review back on 20/07/2018 for further updates. Unfortunately it is difficult to advise the time-scale to get this resolved, however we will do all we can to get it rectified as soon as possible.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Nom_D_Plume
Hooked

Thanks @abails0105 your help is appreciated. One point I'd take issue with openreach not realising that they'd need traffic lights to do the work as they always have traffic lights there when working on the cabinet so I think they may be misleading plusnet here and either forgot to book the lights or don't have an automatic system to ensure they're ordered. But it's a moot point and not Plusnet's fault.

(This is why I'm slightly embarrassed about misunderstanding what they meant about traffic management - there's always traffic lights at the cabinet).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

From what we can see the engineer notes on the order state "I cannot complete this task because Needs to go into hold queue as traffic lights are required"

Unfortunately we can't query this further as we don't contact the engineers directly. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet