cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay and lack of communication from Plusnet

GarethAJones
Hooked

Delay and lack of communication from Plusnet

Last month decided to join Plusnet from Virgin agreed dates with Virgin and arranged for the plusnet service to be installed 3 days before Virgin was no longer available. Plusnet engineer came on the allotted day and checked the wiring in the house and ok'd it then said he would now email another company - presumably Open Reach - and that the service would be available that night. Nothing happens - text that night from Plusnet - service delayed. Next day text from Plusnet - service delayed again with no further details. Rang Plusnet and got through eventually and was told someone would ring me back - fair play somebody did and I was told that open reach were not contactable until 10.30 in the morning - arranged for a call back. Again got the call back as agreed and was told the line would be sorted today.

as per the following 

Saf Foley - CSC Analyst
10:42am, Wednesday 21 Nov 2018
Dear Mr Jones,

Thank you for your call,

This is to confirm that I have contacted the suppliers and they have advised me that there is a multi skilled engineer scheduled to complete the job today and your services should be live anytime up to midnight tonight. 

Should you have any problems then please don't hesitate to contact us on:
Webchat: https://www.plus.net/help/chat/
Email: http://contactus.plus.net
Phone:: 0808 168 9637 or on 033 3006 3635

Kind regards,

Saf Foley

No service Wednesday, no service Thursday Friday or Saturday and no update from Plusnet.

I have wasted several hours attempting to contact Plusnet - your chat line is very poor -I had joined Plusnet based on their reputation for service but this experience has been exceptionally disappointing.
2 REPLIES 2
GarethAJones
Hooked

Re: Delay and lack of communication from Plusnet

2+ hours on the phone to Plusnet this afternoon. Apparently the multiskilled engineer due to complete the installation on Wednesday (already 2 days later than agreed) was sick on Wednesday and the connection will now take place on Monday. Not a single communication from Plusnet to let me know. Really poor service.

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Re: Delay and lack of communication from Plusnet

Hi Gareth,

I am sincerely sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far.

I have left a ticket on your account with some information regarding your query. You can view this here

Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Aisha