cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Degraded performance, speeds dropped by half, poor customer support

Mars2050
Rising Star

Degraded performance, speeds dropped by half, poor customer support

Really not happy with the poor service and lack or support, real answers to my problems. The website has gone to pot and well as my broadband speeds. I am not going in to too much on here and will want to speak with a manager tomorrow if I can, maybe someone decent on here can help me out.

Since about end of October 2016 my broadband speeds have dropped by half or about that. I did speed tests to prove this and tried to raise a ticket, that were a pain as plus net have made it harder.

I have had errors on BT speed tests as well. I believe plusnet are having capacity issues and the reasons for these massive speed drops. I am on 80/20 and my max download speed is 50mbps. I should be getting about 49 as that is what I have had before this. I have been getting half that about 25mbps maybe a bit more on some test but plusnet can't seem to find what the problem is. PN says it looks OK from there end. Well I don't agree and I am getting frustrated,  on top of that, I feel plus net are trying to force me to get a BTW engineer out but I am not prepared to pay the 65 quid because I believe, it is plusnets end but having trouble trying to find what the issue is.

Today I had to remove my modem for first time, as I had to plug into test socket. I tried an hg610 modem to try an rule out what is causing these big speed performance drops but could not get it to connect. I had to go back to an ECI modem and connect through that. It worked but the same issues remain and poor speeds. BT are now saying on tests that my max speed is 40mbps. This is not true and only happened tonight. I feel plus net have put me on the incorrect profile.

I could go on but cant get it all down on here, I want to speak with someone who knows about these issues. Can one of the decent staff have a look at my ticket and help me get to the bottom of this. Bit of a mess though. #136702995.

Few shots of these issues below.

3 REPLIES 3
smtt20211

Re: Degraded performance, speeds dropped by half, poor customer support

Having exactly same issue, stayed on hold for 40mins only to be told my speed is only 40mbs which is highly inaccurate and that my download speed is 0.6mbs????? Appalling. It seems from the 25th onwards I've had nothing but issues.
Mars2050
Rising Star

So it seems smtt2011 and many others having issue like these. Still not pleased though and almost like PN are dropping IP profile to says your speed is fine.

Disappointing that PN staff on here pick and chose who to reply to and no response or input. Very poor of the staff.Sad

I ended up contacting CS yesterday and managed to chat with a tec manager. He says I need an engineer visit and there is not much else he can do.

I have been running BTW speed test and still showing poor speeds and the IP profile;e wrong again today. See attached.

Plusnet staff should be able to see the last BTW speed test but this PN manager told me that, PN can only see the last three and if you do more than 3 BTW speed tests a day, they all get wiped. Well I didn't know that but that is ridiculous!

He also says that if BT open reach come out they might recommend I replace my ECI modem with a home hub. i don't want a home home and like my current set up. This PN manger said that it might be the ECI modem that is causing these slow throughput speeds as the modems are end of line. Got into a discussion about me wanting to keep the modem and I don't think it is the issue. Even though BT don't supply these modems anymore PN said, they can take the modem back as it's there equipment. Well if it's end of line, no reason for me not to keep it.

They are insistent I would need and engineer visit as all OK there end and no showing what the issue is. Sad

Mars2050
Rising Star

If I agree to this open reach visit and they can't find any fault, despite all my tests showing the issue and I believe it is plusnets end that is causing this issue. I wont be paying 65 quid. I will take it to an adjudicators as I feel that it would be plusnets end not mine. I don't see how an Open reach visit can fix this when many others customers are having the same issues as me, it's got to be plusnet, sorry.

I am happy to be proven wrong but appears plus net are just putting there heads in the sand.

I think this review says it all about plusnets attitude. http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/reviews/6554.html

I would urge all customers with these same kind of issues as myself, when plusnet don't seem to care, to contact BBC watchdog and lets get it on TV.  Watchdog are doing a broadband speeds next week. So  I would get contacting watchdog about plusnet  https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05vx18b/contact