Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Degraded connection sub 1Mb upload

starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Degraded connection sub 1Mb upload

Hello, my connection has degraded over the past few days. I was getting around 10-20Mb upload until recently, now it's around 500Kb. My upstream has changed a little but not too much (currently getting around 38Mb, which is less than my "guaranteed speed").

I needed to push some container images to AWS last night and it took 5 1/2 hours instead of around 10 minutes. I can understand the current increased demand would have an impact, but what I am experiencing seems a little extreme. Apart from the (lack of) upload speed, my connection is solid and otherwise working well.

Is there a reason for tihis,  it possible to have a check done please?

4 REPLIES 4
starfry
Rising Star

Re: Degraded connection sub 1Mb upload

Hello Plusnet Staff it's been 24 hours since I asked this question. Is there an chance someone can respond to this please?

I can see lots of posts of a similar nature so this is unlikely down to customers' equipment. If there has been a degrade applied across the service due to the current situation then that is understandable but you should convey that to the users. The service status page indicates that all services are good which would appear to not really be true for many people.

starfry
Rising Star

Hello.... Anyone there...?

Come on PlusNet, I've been patient. It's been six days since asking this question now.

starfry
Rising Star

@Gandalf sorry to pick you out by name but could I please have a line check. I know you're all under as much pressure as we are on the customer end but I have been waiting for over a week with practically nil upload speed. Thanks very much.

paultop6

Exactly the same issue as you.  700k upload speed.

And I work in the same industry, trying to push anything hefty to git or docker hub is painful at the moment due to extremely poor upload.

Even in normal usage, its too slow.  Some app on a smart phone decides it wants to upload data it effectively grinds the whole connection to a halt because no other requests can get out in a timely matter.

Yesterday, I pinpointed Facebook app on my wifes Iphone as using all the upload as I noticed the BBC news homepage was taking close to 5 seconds to load!!!