cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decreasing Speeds

TameAutumn

Decreasing Speeds

Hi, 

3 years ago I was hitting speeds of nearly 40 mbps with SKY and BT.

Since moving to Plusnet over the past few weeks though, the speed seems to have gotten progressively worse and is now testing at about 21Mbps, with a lot of dropped services.

Just had an engineer from BTOpenreach out and confirmed an issue on the line.  But the speeds still have not improved.

Can anything be done to resolve this, please? 

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Decreasing Speeds

Hi @TameAutumn,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue with your connection. Upon reviewing your account today I can see that despite the engineer visit going ahead, no fix has been successfully implemented at this stage. As such, we'll need to arrange a further engineer visit to investigate the fault further and I have raised a response on your open fault ticket regarding this, which can be viewed here.

Please let us know once you've had the chance to respond and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
TameAutumn

The issue still persists and has deteriorated more.

now I am waiting upon a callback from BT/Plusnet, but no-one has replied.  To Whom can I escalate this problem for resolution/compensation/and if necessary account cancellation

Tags (1)
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @TameAutumn 

I've looked into this and retested the service - the GEA results show: 

"Upstream ES and SES have exceeded threshold from real time check." 

In these circumstances we would need to rerun the internal home checks prior to getting back to our suppliers, as they would need confirmation that these have been done after the most recent engineer check (as this is now showing as "clear" at their end). 

Can you set the connection in your test socket as per the info here  then let us know so we can retest? 

Thanks, 

MoR