cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrease Over 6 Months.

ShelleyT
Dabbler

Decrease Over 6 Months.

I moved house about a year and a half ago and with the move I carried over my service to the new house and was happy to see that my speed increased up to the maximum so my sync was 77.4 as displayed on Plusnets website (A tool that seems to have disappeared recently or maybe I'm blind and can't see it). Over the last 6 months although this could be slighlty less due to me not logging my speed tests however my speed has dropped from a steady 72-75 to now rarely ever going above 60 and the odd test at 50-55 so a drop of between 15 to 25Mbps over the course of 6 months.
Attached is an image of speedtests doing since 4/6/2014 showing a steady speed until May (again I didn't log tests between February and May so the speed drop could've occurred earlier). My upload and fluctuated a bit but has remained relatively the same over the same period as the decrease in downstream speed.
Can I get someone to take a look at my line please, I raised a ticket over a month ago but it was closed stating that Plusnet no longer deals with support tickets.
9 REPLIES 9
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Decrease Over 6 Months.

@shellyt
the link was removed by Plusnet as it was "confusing customers" but you can still get there by using this URL https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

The same thing happened to me (see graph) - but has recently increased by a little bit.
I only have the last 12 months figures.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

bustermissy1961
Grafter

I bet a £1 to a penny they say its because more people have ordered fibre at your exchange. Thats their excuse for my drop from 75Mbps to 62Mbps.
englishrick
Grafter

Quote from: bustermissy1961
I bet a £1 to a penny they say its because more people have ordered fibre at your exchange. Thats their excuse for my drop from 75Mbps to 62Mbps.

Yes blame it on CROSSTALK lmfao..... that's what I was told the reason for my speed loss was......
ShelleyT
Dabbler

Wasn't G.INP supposed to help with lines affected by crosstalk, G.INP is enabled on my line (According to HG612 Stats). I did have an ECI modem which were having problems with G.INP enabled exchanges so I got a HG612 (also due to me wanting to monitor the connection) My speed did decrease while I had the ECI modem and remained as it is now when I swapped it out for an HG612.
bustermissy1961
Grafter

Quote from: englishrick
Quote from: bustermissy1961

Yes blame it on CROSSTALK lmfao..... that's what I was told the reason for my speed loss was......

So what's stopping them using that excuse all the time to justify peoples loss of speed.
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: ShelleyT
Wasn't G.INP supposed to help with lines affected by crosstalk
No. G.INP is supposed to deal with electrical noise. Vectoring is the technology developed to counter crosstalk. FTTC was always going to suffer crosstalk issues. If a line appears to be gradually getting slower over time it's almost certainly crosstalk.
ShelleyT
Dabbler

All time low, This is with a wired connection directly to the modem. Simply unacceptable, I pay for Fibre not ADSL and I pay for the 80/20 package. What is going on. 7.09 downstream and 15.35 upstream.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I can't see any issues from the test I've just performed on your line, I'd suggest reporting this to our faults team at https://faults.plus.net
Downstream Speed 79.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.