Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declining fibre download speed

diggler
Grafter

Declining fibre download speed

Hi,

For the past 4-5 weeks now my unlimited fibre extra download connection speeds have declined from around the 59mbps mark to 38mbps today. This started after a heavy thunderstorm and has been a steady decrease ever since, there have have also been quite a few dropouts. My connection seemed to stabilise for a few days last week but the speed decrease continued. My phone sounds a little crackly and so I reported this as a fault 3 days ago but have heard nothing from support since. I've jumped through the usual hoop of removing my extension lead and connecting the router directly to the master test socket (I've had it on an extension for the past year with no problems). This seems to happen every summer when the tree that my phone line goes through is full of leaves.

Any ideas on this issue would be greatly appreciated, as I've had a stable 59mb connection for nearly a year and I'd like it back!

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Decling fibre download speed

Hi there, I've just read through the fault notes and retested the line, we're going to need to arrange an engineer. If you can reply to the fault ticket here with the information requested we'll get that arranged: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=153070418

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
diggler
Grafter

Thanks Chris, have replied to fault ticket

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've picked that up, booked the engineer and confirmed it on the ticket.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.