Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declining d/l speed - fibre extra

FIXED
moansalot13
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Declining d/l speed - fibre extra

Hi after a number of issues earlier in the year where speed dropped to a shade under 50mbs  an engineer changed out master socket and line speeds actually improved  - up to circa 75mbps d/l and reduced ping.

However Line speed has started to decline  initially circa 70mbs and as of the last few day to an average of 65mbs  - this is quite a drop  -( Refer attached speed test spreadsheet )  and  copy of plusnet's own test results taken a few min ago

Line has lost 10mbps  - line was identified as being able to achieve circa 72-80 mbps

there have been  a number of connection loss's over last couple of weeks  - cause unknown

connection is using test socket with filter  - no wiring changes.

will try to locate fault tracker on the site  - but meanwhile I wanted to place a marker that there seems to be a problem with my line / broadband

http://vvcap.com/ELVx7inMeCQ

Paul

21 REPLIES 21
moansalot13
Rising Star

Re: Declining d/l speed - fibre extra

as ans update finally managed to get BT wholesale speed checker to work - refer results link below

ip profile set to 68 mbps !!!  - this was previously 80 mbps 

http://vvcap.com/uonHeipydim

moansalot13
Rising Star

This is router stats - sorry should have included this before - not large difference data rate and max data rate

Line should be 80/20  with expected 72-80 d/l speed

http://vvcap.com/0voGNUOFulp

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) All caps post edited as per Forum rules

moansalot13
Rising Star

Apologies for caps - must have gone blind

and of course that should have read "note large difference"

fault raised

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues Paul

It looks like your fault ticket was picked up by one of my colleagues since you've made this post and we've identified a possible external issue. Unfortunately, our suppliers have also since come back to us advising they've found no fault.

We'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, I'll update your ticket for you.

You can view and reply to this here

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
moansalot13
Rising Star

reply posted to ticket - thanks Anoush / Gandalf

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

I've replied to your ticket Paul.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
moansalot13
Rising Star

thanks Anoush / Gandalf

See ticked has been closed  -  i'm not at the address until later this week / weekend so  will let you know about current speeds after i have a chance to test/check the line - for now i'll assume it's back to expected speeds  - subject to testing

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, let us know on here how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
moansalot13
Rising Star

hi Anoush / Gandalf 

Been back at my residence for a few days now  and I regret that my d.l speed is still down  from an average of 75 mbps  in mid February  ( after engineer visit)  to a current average of 64 mbps  d/l  - upload average has dropped  marginally  also  down to mid 17 mbps for mid/ high 18's 

I have tried a line check / quiet line test and it appears to be much better than it was when this issue first raised.

I attach BT wholesale test results  showing ip profile of 64 mbs !! - this was previously  80 mbps - can you run some checks from your side pls.

cheers

moansalot13
Rising Star

Apologies meant to include hub stats 

Line speed is considerably less that the previous 80,000  which was previously available.

regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back in touch Paul

Testing your broadband service is showing your router in sync at

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 68.4 Mbps
Upstream Speed 19.0 Mbps

So you're getting the expected throughput. Unfortunately, as the sync speed is within the estimates of your line, we won't be able to progress this as a fault I'm afraid Sad

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 62.5 20 20
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
moansalot13
Rising Star

Anoush  thanks for your msg

It would appear that certainly BT and perhaps Plusnet are changing the goal posts

When i signed up last august estimated speeds provided at that time  were as per  member center pdf attached ( this used to appear in my member site but seems to have disappeared ( or been moved) 

At time of initial install / contract  and indeed until  December last year  BT wholesale checker  was showing min speed for  Line as 72.5Mbps refer  btw fttc file attached

After an engineer visit as result of declining  speeds actual d/l's achieved were circa 75  mbps  test results are available ( not line sync speeds - this seems to be a grey area  are we being sold line sync speeds  or actual d/l speeds being achieved at customers modem ?Huh

It would appear from your post that BT  now consider the lowest acceptable speed for my line ( sync speed) as 62.5mbps - can someone explain why this has dropped from the 72.5 Mbps min in December  ( a 10 Mbps drop)

If BT have downgraded the line why was i not advised -  I'm paying for an 80/20 service  not a 64/17+ actual service if i had been informed that might be expected speed at time of initial sign up then I'd be less annoyed  - but I wasn't  - and I have been getting  the service I'd expected  ie 75/18+ from the same line  - so where am I loosing 10 Mb of line speed  - It's the same line !

There has been varying speeds on this line refer earlier tickets 

moansalot13
Rising Star

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm afraid estimates can change over time as more lines are installed so there is more data for the estimates to work from, there is also the addition of cross-talk from more services at the exchange/cabinet and a multitude of other things that can impact lines I'm afraid.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.