cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadly slow evening connection

pesmerga123

Deadly slow evening connection

I'm having issues with my new fibre connection.

I recently moved to plusnet from BT, so apparently my line is still 'settling down'...

but I noticed this pattern-connection is OK during the day (between 20 and 35 Mbps) but extremely slow during evenings.

No, it's not a wifi issues-same poor speeds on cable connection, plus I never had similar issues with BT (same hub, same PC).

BT wholesale test showing now an extraordinary speed of 1.75Mbps ( on 38 fibre).... Great...

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Deadly slow evening connection

Hi there,

Thanks for ruling out what you can on your side, I've run some line diagnostics which don't show any obvious issues but I can see you reported this as a fault yesterday so our faults guys will look into this further and get back to you soon. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pesmerga123

Ok, Thanks for reply mate.

pesmerga123

This is a joke, really.... I have been with pLUSNET for 12 days now , so I'm guessing the excuse with connection 'settling up' is not longer applicable.

My evening speeds from day one are reaching wooping 1,5 Mbps....

I mean it's not even 5% of advertised speed.

It's even worse than a DSL connection.

I'm totally disappointing with service I'm receiving.

And my fault call I raised 5 days ago was a waste of time-not getting any feedback unless I'm the one asking for an 'update'.

What are procedure for leaving pLUSNET without any cancellation fees( obviously they cant provide service they sold me)?

br043871
Grafter

What was the resolution here, im having the same problem?