cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily disconnections

eyeclops
Hooked

Daily disconnections

it seems every day now my broadband is disconnecting for a few mins at a time 4 or 5 times a day.

when this happens i log onto my draytek router to have a look and according to the router there is no dsl on the line at these times so im guessing this is a pn issue

just wondering if others have the same issues

6 REPLIES 6
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Re: Daily disconnections

Hi @eyeclops 

I can see that there are indeed a few isolated drops - however, from our side, these look to be in the range or 1 - 2 minutes a time. 

Out tests are not picking up exactly whey this is happening I'm afraid. 

We therefore need to do a few checks with you -  I'd recommend starting with basic checks here

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault.

Let us know how it goes.

eyeclops
Hooked

i am a telecoms engineer and as so know full well all my internal wiring is ok

1-2 min disconnect is probably right but it seems longer when waiting

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@eyeclops - regardless of the internal wiring being fine or not, could you please still connect to your Test Socket and let us know if you still get these drops in connection. 

Thanks 

eyeclops
Hooked

just for you i have fitted a brand new NTE5 master socket 

will have to wait to see if i get disconnected again

eyeclops
Hooked

so that didnt work

your next random guess is???

Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi There,

Thank you for completing those checks. Our next steps would be to raise this as an issue with our suppliers. I have redone the diagnostics on the line and we are not picking up any issues that would explain the drops on your line. Since we are going into account specific details I have raised a ticket on your account which can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team