cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily connection drop outs

Ryan9

Daily connection drop outs

Hi guys

Recently upgraded to fibre and have noticed that we are suffering drop-outs at (almost) exactly 10pm every day. Connection seems to be down for approx 15 mins each time and occasionally needs resetting before we get reconnected. Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing it and potential fixes?

Thanks

Ryan

3 REPLIES 3
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Daily connection drop outs

Hi @Ryan9

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your service. I've run some tests on my end which appear to show no faults with the line itself, however interference on the line has been detected. Before raising this with our suppliers, we'd need to go through some troubleshooting to ensure that the source of the problems do not lie within the property.

Please go to faults.plus.net, where you'll both be able to troubleshoot your connection, as well as raise this with our Technical Support Team if the steps you've tried have not been effective.

-Adam - Plusnet Leeds

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
paul_blitz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have regular dropouts too, usually every 2 days. Changed the router, then Openreach came and took a look, and move my line over to a different bit of kit. It's still pretty much the same as before, and not made much difference, and I'm starting to wonder if I need to buy a different router.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @paul_blitz

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your connection. Having tested your line this morning, I haven't been able to locate any underlying faults and the connection seems to be stable and having remained that way for some time now. When you're experiencing these dropouts, are you connecting over Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable? Also, is this happening across all of your devices, or only certain ones? Finally, are you able to notice any sort of pattern behind the drops? For example, do they only occur at a certain time, or do they only occur after another piece of tech in the house or surrounding area goes active?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team