cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Throughput Dropouts

nigel1971
Grafter

Daily Throughput Dropouts

This has been going on now a few weeks so i've decided to flag this up, all seems well my end as when this happens all the lights stay on the router and the fibre modem. None of these boxes drop out the actual local connection and show the up time not restart back from 0 day/hours.

This issue is it happens at around the 7pm mark and noticed it around 5-6am too, i refresh a webpage or open a new tab and it times out after a minute or so with the circle round on the tab, the issue normally sorts itself out after around 5 or 10mins and the web page or google loads as normal. Occasionally i have had to do a restart of the router if it takes longer than that and resolved but i don't think this is down to equipment.

There's nothing wrong with the speed tests either as i get 74 down 18.8 up so fine here.

7 REPLIES 7
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Daily Throughput Dropouts

Hey,

Sorry to hear that you have been having a poor experience with your broadband service.  Please can you advise which gateway you are connected to when you start to see performance issues.

You can check using this link:

http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/

Also, advise if you are seeing the same issues on all devices, and whether they are connected on ethernet or wireless.

nigel1971
Grafter

gateway pcn-bng01.

It's affecting all devices that i use, mainly just the phone wirelessly  and the ethernet connected pc

nigel1971
Grafter

I see i haven't had a reply to this thread for this issue and yet again this morning it has dropped out for at least 15mins and over the weekend messing up my smart controlled heating that i couldn't turn off racking up my gas bill as i went away.

Disgusted

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Hi have you done a speed test here ? http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html?utm_source=mainsite&utm_medium=button&utm_campaign=spee...

then see if your results compare to mine https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Odd-TBB-test/td-p/1393324

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
KevMac1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are facing. I've checked your circuit this morning and there is nothing obviously wrong, the sync speeds are fine at 80down/20up  and the connection itself is stable, although there were some drop this morning (you advised on first post you do sometimes reboot, this may have been cause of them?).

As you mentioned the issue usually occurs around 7pm, I have also checked for any contention issues at the exchange (although if it was I would expect the problems to last longer) and this has come back clear as well.

I think as well as trying the speed test as mentioned by rongtw, would you also be able to complete some traceroutes and pings for us when the problem occurs, and also one when the connection is running fine (so we can check for any problems/differences).

I'll get an email when there is a response, so will check.

Thanks 

nigel1971
Grafter

It's not the speed test that is the problem although i have done them, it comes back normal around 18 up 74 down which is normal. I'll do a trace route later or early tomorrow and post a couple but something shouldn't be hanging then time out on the server, continue to refresh then nothing for a good 15 mins.

This one happened at 3.30am this morning. I'll do this later as i'm out fior ther rest of the day now.

Has my gateway been checked?

KevMac1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Checking your connection, the gateway has changed numerous times and this morning at 3.30am you were on pcn-bng02 so it doesn't look like this would be the problem.

I'll check for the traceroute tomorrow.

Thanks