cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Loss of connection

Haylhoo
Dabbler

Daily Loss of connection

For over a week now I've had to reset my router at least once a day, some days up to 5-6 times, due to a sudden loss of Internet connection. Can someone look into this for me please? The internet green light on my router comes on when resetting them goes out and stays out.
19 REPLIES 19
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Daily Loss of connection

Out of interest what happens to the DSL light on the router during a drop out or is it just the internet light that goes out.

James

EDIT: Its shown as broadband on the Plusnet router 2704n 

Haylhoo
Dabbler

From memory as I'm not able to check, it flashes
Haylhoo
Dabbler

Broadband light stays solid, wireless light flashing - just happened again. Someone from Plusnet needs to reply asap and get this sorted, while family had enough of it now and I'll be wanting a refund for loss of service. Been nothing but problems since joining, can't wait till my contacts out so can go elsewhere!

geek26
Aspiring Pro

Apoliges for lack of updates but if the Broadband light is solid it means you're line isn't disconnecting and the problem is mostly likely to be with your equipment.

James

geek26
Aspiring Pro

Could you please try factory resetting you're equipment..

Haylhoo
Dabbler

Haylhoo
Dabbler

You can see the lights that I have in the above image - both the wireless and Ethernet lights flash, the others don't. The internet light stayed on today when I had to, yet again, restart the router but it's since gone off but I've had to reset it at least 3 times already today. Getting very annoyed!

geek26
Aspiring Pro

Assuming you have reset your equipment I would raise a fault at faults.plus.net

James

mrgarnett

I'm having the same issue - no connection but lights all on on the router. I'e replaced my kit but this hasn't helped. I've raised this with Plusnet so fingers crossed.

I'm on the Fencehouses exchange.

Haylhoo
Dabbler

I've factory reset twice this evening, I'm left with a red internet light and no connection. I've also rebooted. What now?
Really had enough
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Have you gone through the Broadband trouble-shooter, and/or reported the fault yet?

PN staff on here are very good, but they sometimes miss some of these posts.

Haylhoo
Dabbler

Yes, raised a support ticket last night. Thanks
Would have been helpful if someone from Plus net had replied on here, it's been here long enough for them to see. All just leading up to me leaving asap
geek26
Aspiring Pro

I fully understand your frustrations especially after having several faults myself. The thing is though Plusnet can't possibly view every single post on this forum, therefore Plusnet have only officially been made aware of your problem when you raised the ticket they will respond ASAP but talking from expirence these things can take time.

James

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

I strongly disagree that Plusnet staff cannot possibly read all the posts on this website.

It is easy for the five or six staff members who regularly post to track every subject. And there are more staff who look at the forums too. If I (one person) can scan this forum and see every subject, then so SHOULD the paid professionals whose job it is, do that too. They could even take a selection of forum boards each too and use the UNREAD topics to see what they have missed, if they cannot handle the few new topics all by themselves.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT