cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Intermittent Disconnections - VDSL2 - Seeking Official Best Settings For Stable Connection

scansell

Daily Intermittent Disconnections - VDSL2 - Seeking Official Best Settings For Stable Connection

Good day,

I'm posting here in the hopes that someone from Plusnet will see this and respond. I have message @plusnethelp on Twitter, but have yet to receive a response there and there appears to be no option currently for a webchat or to email.

I've been experiencing intermittent disconnections on my FTTC connection that are not related to my router (Asus RT-AC88U) so please do not move this to the router section, as it's a router issue. The issue occurs with both a standard BT OpenReach modem (ECI Model B-FOCuS V-2FUb/r Rev. B) and a Draytek Vigor 130.

The issues were more infrequent (or at least unidentified) until lockdown began due to the pandemic. Since this time, we've received disconnections on most days just before/after 09:00 and usually mid-afternoon.

I've reviewed other old posts (here; here) from users with a Draytek Vigor 130. I tried putting the modem into bridged mode (MPoA), but while this resulted in seemingly no disconnections, it also had the unfortunate side-effect of required blocking port forwarding I had set up for a Synology device. Running the modem in PPPoE mode works, but results in the daily intermittent connections.

Another support post from Draytek suggests trying a VLAN tag of 101, but it's unclear whether this would be required by Plusnet to obtain a stable connection.

Please can someone from Plusnet support please confirm the required correct settings to maintain a stable VDSL2 connection over PPPoE? Alternatively, if you can advise how to prevent port-forwarding being blocked by MPoA, I'll switch to this instead.

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Daily Intermittent Disconnections - VDSL2 - Seeking Official Best Settings For Stable Connection

@scansell 

Plusnet do not offer support related to third party modems and/or routers. The settings that you need are here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

You will note that your should be using 101 and 0 as the VLAN IDs.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

scansell

Re: Daily Intermittent Disconnections - VDSL2 - Seeking Official Best Settings For Stable Connection

Thank you kindly for the info. Unfortunately it doesn't resolve the issue, as I've confirmed those are the settings being used by the modem already.