cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Fibre Broadband Dropouts

PhilStation

Daily Fibre Broadband Dropouts

I am a fibre broadband customer, using the Plusnet Hub One. Since joining Plusnet 2-3 months ago, I have had issues with daily dropouts. Many last minutes but the other night it was out for around 8 hours. It seems to be fairly consistently around 10-11pm at night but it has also occurred at other times, such as about 10 minutes ago...

There is a lot of talk from customers complaining of this, and a lot of suggestions that these are "normal" drop outs however I have been a customer of both Vodafone Broadband and Sky in the last few years and never experienced dropouts even approaching the frequency that we have had with Plusnet. 

Is there a solution to this, other than taking my custom elsewhere at the end of my minimum term? It's getting pretty annoying now.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

6 REPLIES 6
Avybob

Re: Daily Fibre Broadband Dropouts

I feel your pain. I also joined a few months back but have regular outages. At least one or two per day but often more.
Plusnet, to their credit, organised a BT engineer who came out and fitted a new phone socket. However the problem persists.
Was going to call support today but the half hour waiting time put me off. Just going to gee myself up for the on hold music and see what can be done next.
Wife and kids are about to revolt
PhilStation

Let me know how you get on, I'm currently put off by the prospect of spending an hour plugging things in to phone sockets whilst they try and figure out what's going on.

It can only be a Plusnet problem, I never had this problem with Vodafone, I think I only had one dropout in the 12 months or so that I was with them!
gcrinage

I've been having this exact same issue with constant dropouts throughout the day, it's been unbearable today and isn't staying connected for longer than 10 minutes at a time. A family member who is also with Plusnet in another part of the country is also having the same issue
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Apologies for the delayed response.

@PhilStation Our tests aren't showing any issue but if the drops continue we'd recommend raising a fault here

@Avybob I can see you've started raising a fault regarding this. If you complete it we'll get that picked up

@gcrinage If you can PM me your username I'd be happy to look into this for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
PhilStation

Yes, well, as luck would have it, the issues seem to have stopped since the outage prior to my initial post. I will review again should the dropouts resume. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

That's good to hear, keep us posted if problems redevelop.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet