Daily Drop-outs

FIXED
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Daily Drop-outs

Hi Beermnosta, 

Line tests have picked up on an "impairment in copper joint" so there's a line fault. 

I've reported it for you with our suppliers and we should have some updates within the next few days. I've logged it on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=189889138

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Beermonsta
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Adam, 

When OR attended 2 weeks ago, all he did was some line checks, put on a filtered faceplate then reset the dlm, but when I rang BT beforehand, they checked the line and didn't find any fault at all, but Plusnet did!

Glenn Smiley

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to us @Beermonsta.

With any luck these renewed efforts will get the issue resolved for you.

Please let us all know how you get on.

Beermonsta
Rising Star

Are you people some of jokers, my ticket suddenly got deleted, BTwholesale does not work again, and im still paying you for 32mb. yet getting 19! Send an engineer to fix this damn copper joint thing that didnt get fixed last time.....

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @Beermonsta,

I'm really sorry that the issue is ongoing.

The copper impairment looks to be causing disconnections. This will cause your line to train itself lower and lower resulting in low speeds and as you mentioned before, your IP profile capping itself.

It's effectively the DLM on the line trying to manage a problem sacrificing speed for stability. However unresolved, the speeds will keep reducing as the disconnections remain constant.

I've forwarded a request for an engineer in the open fault ticket HERE. Let us know when you reply to the request and we can get it picked up for you.

Beermonsta
Rising Star

And once again, the disconnections re-appear, 10+ today, this is getting beyond a joke now, either fix the issue or Im moving to another provider with their own network.

And once again there is nothing wrong with my internal wiring or equipment, infact the equipment is newer than when the engineer visited for the 3rd time.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Beermonsta

Thanks for getting in touch.

Here is a visual of your connection over the last few weeks.

As you can see, the connection has been mostly consistent over a three week period with only one drop in the last 9 days.

Could you please confirm whether you're seeing these drops via wifi devices or a wired device?

Best wishes

Dave

Beermonsta
Rising Star

Evening, 

I counted 14 dropouts today, its wifi, wired isnt an option, the wifi signal during drop outs is stlll there but the 'limited' exclamation mark will be on the signal indicator indicating something external to my router.

ive done router troubleshooting and it isnt the router and the network adapter is 2 weeks old and consistently gives me a full strength signal.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Beermonsta,

I'm afraid without connecting by Ethernet cable we cannot be certain of if the issue is the connection leading up to the router or wireless interference between your device and the router.

Could you try splitting the 2.4GHz / 5GHz frequency bands and changing the wireless channel to avoid interference by following the guide below.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'. What we want to do to begin with is turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'Off' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection.

Once this is changed, you will need to keep an eye on it for a day or 2 to see if the issue continues. If it does, the next step would be to change the wireless channel.

4) Following the above guide to get to your 'Advanced Settings' page, you will need to change the settings within the 2.4 GHz Wireless tab and the 5 GHz Wireless tab.

5) Under the correct heading, you will need to find 'Channel Selection' on the list and change this from 'Automatic' to any one of the other channels, This can also need doing under '5 GHz Wireless' to cover both signals.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Beermonsta
Rising Star

My Billion router only transmits on 2.4ghz, and the channel has and has always been on the less busy channel, as I said..its an external fault as the 3rd engineer confirmed there is absolutely nothing wrong with our wiring or equipment...its an external fault, how many Openreach engineers do we have to have come out to confirm the same thing?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Beermonsta, though there may have been an external fault previously, testing the line currently isn't detecting any faults and we are seeing a stable connection our side (whereas previously drops were noticeable our side) so it is possible the issue being seen on this occasion is WiFi related.

We'd be more than happy to raise this to our suppliers if you can raise a new fault here, though it would require us to book another engineer visit to the property.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Beermonsta
Rising Star

Unfortunately the posted link did not work and I had to find the page myself and when I came to the last page of the submission this happened, so Im available Tuesday to Fridays am.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there @Beermonsta,

I have made the engineer booking as per your request and confirmed this via Ticket and also via text message.

Please let us know if this needs rearranging.

Beermonsta
Rising Star

Fix

You can cancel the Engineer visit, Ill be leaving Plusnet as soon as I find a non bt network isp and arrange a install date for them, this issue was 'fixed' a month ago supposedly, Im not doing this every month just to get a connection. Ill also call the cancellation team once I get a date.

Thanks for all your help and I wish you all well for the future.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Beermonsta

Thanks for getting back in touch. I have cancelled the visit as per your request.

Please accept my apologies for the continued frustration regarding this problem. I'm sorry we could not resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

We would like to wish you all the best with your new supplier and should you ever come back to us, know that we are always here if you need us.