Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Drop-outs

FIXED
Beermonsta
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Daily Drop-outs

Can someone from Plusnet please take a look at my line please, for a few weeks now I have been having random drop-outs resulting in my having to either reset the router remotely or physically powering down my router.

I can go days with a drop-out then some days I have 5-10 in a space of a few hours, and when I fire up BTWholesale, my IP profile has been reduced from 32 to 16 from when I first signed on with FTTC aswell.

Thanks in advance

29 REPLIES 29
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Re: Daily Drop-outs

Hi @Beermonsta,

I've tested your line today and I can see there is a problem.

Testing is suggesting there is a problem with your phone line. As such I'd recommend contacting your phone provider and request them to run a test on your line for any issues.

I would also add, that you should probably not open by telling them the problem is just with your broadband as they may push you back to us without performing a test.

Hopefully they'll identify something and take it from there.

However if they run a test and are not able locate the cause of the problem, give some of the troubleshooting checks done HERE if you haven't already.

And then finally, if the issue still persists, raise a fault HERE. Be sure to let us know when you've done so too.

Thanks.

Beermonsta
Rising Star

Morning,

I finally got through to BT faults, and they have said its the faceplate on my master socket thats faulty and to order a new one, but I wont know till mid next week if that fixes the problem, meanwhile Ive been advised to leave the connection plugged into the test socket, but ill let you know if it fixes my connection speeds and stability when I receive the new front plate and mark this thread with fixed.

Thanks

Glenn

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

It's good that we now know where the issue was.

We'd definitely recommend leaving your connection in the test socket in the meantime.

Please do let us all know how you get on with the new faceplate and remember that if you need any further assistance, we're only a click away.

Beermonsta
Rising Star

Ive received the new faceplate, and while I cannot comment on the stability problem yet, the speed issue are still there, if possible, can you run another line check to see if the fault has been fixed

I enclose a few screen shots of BTW tests today, BTW test when I 1st signed up for Fibre (please disregard the speed on this shot, I was having teething problems!) regarding speed please notice the line IP profiles of both.

Thanks

Glenn.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Beermonsta

I have tested the line and it is still picking up the same exact fault as last time. It is testing at a speed of around 17Mbps which is below the estimates. I would recommend to go back to your phone line provider and let them test the line to see if there is an issue with the phone line.

Again, if they run a test and are not able locate the cause of the problem, give some of the troubleshooting checks done HERE if you haven't already.

And then finally, if the issue still persists, raise a fault HERE. Be sure to let us know when you've done so too.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Beermonsta
Rising Star

Ive just been i contact with BT and their telling me there is no line fault at all, so somethings gone wonky somewhere, so ill open a fault ticket and take it from there

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Beermonsta

Thank you for raising the fault. I have picked it up and replied back to it, please let us know on here once you've responded back to the ticket on here so we can progress it for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Beermonsta
Rising Star

Just replied to the open ticket.

Thanks

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Beermonsta Thank you for that, I have updated the fault ticket containing the relevant information through this link

Let us know if you have further queries please

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Beermonsta
Rising Star

Thank You Faris, I will reply here if everything goes to plan on Tuesday Smiley

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

We look forwards to your response @Beermonsta. By all means if there's anything else we can help you with in the meantime please do let us know.

Beermonsta
Rising Star

Morning, 

The Engineer has just been, did some checks and whatever magical wizardry he did, including resetting the DLM, and plopped a new chunky filtered faceplate on my master socket and my speeds are back to their normal states, but ill continue to do regular speedtests for a week or so.

Ill close the ticket down and mark this thread as fixed, thank you for all your help.

Glenn Thumbs_Up

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Thanks for letting us know @Beermonsta

If we can be of more help please don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

Beermonsta
Rising Star

All was good until today, my IP line profile is again just under 50% of what it should be.....any ideas?Huh