cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DStar and DMR radio problems.

M6YIF
Hooked

DStar and DMR radio problems.

When I first changed to Plusnet as my ISP I had no problem using my digital radios. Over the last 2-3 week they have all but stopped making a connection to the digital networks. I've Googled for hours for info and it would appear to be a UDP port problem with the Plusnet router. I've tried setting some port forwarding rules to allow traffic through but I'm not sure I've done it correctly as I'm still getting 40/50% loss on my transmissions. This makes my radios almost useless with my Plusnet internet.
If I switch over to my O2 mobile phone hotspot on my iPhone 6, they all work flawless with no drop of signal.

Help please, it's driving me mad. If I'd known there were problems with the Plusnet system and digital radios, I'd have stayed with TT regardless of their bad customer care, at least the system does as it should.  

7 REPLIES 7
M6YIF
Hooked

Re: DStar and DMR radio problems.

Is a week long enough for the Plusnet team to answer my question  before I try to bump my post back to the top of the forum ?

M6YIF
Hooked

Must be a big problem. 3 week and not one post by a Plusnet techie !

M6YIF
Hooked

Many thanks NOT!  Plusnet.
What a waste of space company.

M6YIF
Hooked

If I was in charge of a secure unit for mental patients and needed 24/7 internet radio communications, and wifi security cameras, I would deem Plusnet not capable of supplying this commodity.
Therefore my internet connection is not working as I would expect and certainly not up to the job.
Plusnet are saying tough, yes you can leave, but you'll have to pay us £120 to leave the contract.

All I am asking is for the fee to be waivered.
A goodwill gesture by Plusnet.

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @M6YIF

Sorry to hear that and apologies for delay in response. I can see that line was already tested and you've been advised to check 3rd party support pages like https://portforward.com/  on this ticket.

I can see that you've mentioned that is not appearing when you are using mobile data, can you please confirm if issues you are experiencing are on wired connection too?

Please check out the help and support page here https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193

M6YIF
Hooked

The devices my radio's connect to are connected to the router by wifi. There is no wired connection option.
If I connect them to my phone via the personal wifi hotspot option they work.
Therefore logic says there is something in the router messing with my data stream. maybe a blocked port, UDP setting etc.
Or there's something at the exchange screwing it up, again, it still must be a port issue as my standard internet connection via wifi or wired to the router is fine.
Your tech guy on the phone says well the wifi is working, it's nothing to do with us !!

I start a new contract with TalkTalk in two weeks time.
It would be nice if Plusnet would not charge me the leaving fee.

M6YIF
Hooked

So my 'go live' date with Talktalk was Wednesday 26th August.
I got up that morning, switched on my laptop, no internet.
Unplugged the Plusnet router, plugged my new TT one in,
and voila, connected to the internet.
Switched on my digital radio, called out for a response, and had a nice chat with a fellow Radio Ham.

NO DROP OUTS, 100% CLEAR AUDIO. 100% RECEPTION.

Plusnet, how can you say your internet service was working 100% when it clearly wasn't,
and have the gall to charge me the £122 termination fee. Hang your heads in shame !!