cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL slow with openreach modem but not detected with Netgear D7000

Tracey848
Dabbler

DSL slow with openreach modem but not detected with Netgear D7000

Woke up this morning with the internet down. Checked my Netgear router and it wasn't picking up the DSL at all. Rebooted and all was ok for 5 minutes then not detected again. Switched to my openreach modem and it was back up but at a massively reduced speed. I've tried everything and the Netgear router will not pick it back up. So I'm stuck with super slow fibre through the open reach modem. Anyone got any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: DSL slow with openreach modem but not detected with Netgear D7000

Welcome to the Forum @Tracey848

I don't know if Plusnet people will be active in the Forum today; if they are, they may well pick this up. If they don't, or if you want to move things along, report as a fault.

To report a fault, run though the checks at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and report a fault at https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults It takes a bit of your time but costs you nothing, and makes Plusnet aware of your issue. They have to look at it, and the report gets the issue into the queue for action.

There may be problems with the BT speed test (I'm not sure whether they are resolved) but try it with Internet Explorer. If there are problems, report speeds from an alternative speed test such as Ookla at speedtest.net.

Please let us know how you get on.

Tracey848
Dabbler

Thanks, I reported it straight away but with it being the bank holiday, I'm not expecting much
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear you're having issues

I'll get your fault updated shortly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Tracey848
Dabbler

Thanks

Is there any update?
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Tracey848,

I've taken a look into this today and raised an update on your open fault ticket, which can be viewed here. Once you've been able to respond, please let us know so we can follow up on the next course of action as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Tracey848
Dabbler

Hi I've tried updating the ticket without response, I would like to book an engineer and am available anyday between 10am to 3pm but not available on Tuesday
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Tracey848

I'm really sorry to hear that nobody has responded to your ticket thus far, however, had they done so the response would have been that we cannot guarantee that our supplier will attend between 10am and 3pm. The slots for engineer visits are between 8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm, I'm afraid we can't narrow this down any further.

Would you be kind enough to respond to the ticket with your updated availability based on the above and I'll ensure that this is picked up?

Best wishes,

Dave