cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL not syncing

dazzera

DSL not syncing

hello , i have the above issue  when i use my TD-W8980 router , i have tried the dsl line the open reach modem , and in the tdw8980 , no success , i have got the most success when i plug the DSL line in the td-w8980 ,router and used it as modem/router. the dsl just wont sync like this and when its back in the open reach as modem i cant even get the dsl light on the td-w8980, would be very grateful for any help, i have downloaded numerous sheets in relation to set up and still not got anywere  ,this is driving me nuts now ,thanks
jim:red All caps in title changed as per Forum Rule mod:end
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: DSL not syncing

That's not a router I've had experience of using previously, so I've had to do a bit of searching to find how to get this to work. The following thread over at ThinkBroadband seems to show the settings you need: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/freeserve/t/4271552-re-has-anyone-been-able-to-connect-a-tp-link-td...
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dazzera

thanks chris ,tried that last night didnt work ,but i will give it another shot,the other problem i have ,i am on fibre ,or not, my td-w8980 is for adsl,to which i have broadband through my phone line, i am on fibre to the cabinet , so which one do i use td-w8980 or the Tp-Link Archer C7 Wireless Cable Router - AC 1750, Dual Band,very confusing,also do i have to use the open reach modem or can i bypass this alltogether,thanks
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm not overly familiar with either of those routers, so it might be worth waiting for responses from other customers who may be able to give more advice on those specific units.
The Tp-Link Archer C7 Wireless Cable Router - AC 1750 looks like it should work as it can create a PPPoE connection, so you'll just need to use the setup guides to go through this.
However, if you want to remove the Openreach modem from your setup you'll need a VDSL modem/router. There isn't currently a large selection of these out there and they are generally quite pricey.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
WWWombat
Grafter

Should you include the Openreach modem, or go for an all-in-one router/modem?
It is possible to go with either choice, but it isn't yet clear what the answer should be. There have been quite a few questions on the topic: try this thread (and the ones it links to) for some advice:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133737.msg1169161.html
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
dazzera

well i went out and got the The Tp-Link Archer C7 Wireless Cable Router - AC 175 i followed  the instuctions to a t , no joy  Grin guess its back to the shop to try a cable mode/router