Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL keeps disconnecting

Vortecks
Hooked

DSL keeps disconnecting

Hi,   

Is anyone else having problems with DSL disconnecting in the last 3 days?

I'm on Fibre unlimited and my download has gone from 57Mbps to 30Mbps and upload from 17Mbps to 5Mbps.

This is when it's actually connected, it keeps dropping DSL around every 30-60 mins now.

Quiet line test shows nothing. I've tried directly to the socket. Everything is hard-wired (wifi is rarely used). 

Please help, it's driving me mad with the moans from the Mrs trying to watch a woman's thing online.

1 - Product name: Plusnet Router
2 - Serial number: N7150401M000199 
3 - Firmware version: 7.275.2_F2704N_Plusnet
4 - Board version: F@ST2704N
5 - Mode Fibre
6 - Uptime: 0 days 00:36:17
7 - Data rate: 100M/100M
8 - Maximum data rate: 100M/100M
9 - Noise margin: -
10 - Line attenuation: -
12 - Data sent/received: 771.7M/3.3G
20 - Broadband username: ***@plusdsl.net
21 - Wi-Fi network/SSID: *******
22 - Wi-Fi connections: Enable(802.11 b/g/n(up to 300 Mb/s))20 MHz WPS enabled
23 - Wi-Fi security: WPA2
24 - Wi-Fi channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
25 - Firewall: Default
26 - MAC Address: *********************
27 - Software variant Version 1.0
28 - Boot loader: 7.275.2

(anything with asterisks I've blanked)

7 REPLIES 7
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: DSL keeps disconnecting

Hi @Vortecks,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your connection. Testing your line is indicating a potential problem that is likely to require an engineer appointment.

Please could you raise this matter over at http://faults.plus.net as this will take you through the necessary checks on your side and should raise the matter with our suppliers.

Let us know once you've done this and we'll check to see if it's confirmed that an appointment is required.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Vortecks
Hooked

Thanks Harry, I've logged the call.  

I was hoping there was a problem in the area because I'm not at home very much recently.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Vortecks wrote:

I was hoping there was a problem in the area because I'm not at home very much recently.

Unfortunately the fault report has come back to us almost immediately requesting availability for an appointment.

I've responded to the ticket on your account requesting some times, if you could reply either via the ticket or the sms, we'll look to get an appointment booked at your earliest convenience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Vortecks
Hooked

Hi Harry,

Ref support question #145976219

Please help, it's getting ridiculous now and I'm seriously considering leaving. This has been going on for a month with random internet dropouts and constantly less than 50% speed. I'm a very patient person but it's really starting to grate on my nerves.

I had a BT engineer visit on 31/03 who reported "No faults" but he fitted a new master socket as a precaution. He didn't test the equipment, only the copper cables.

I had a second BT engineer visit on 07/04 who found the fault - my old BT fibre modem has started failing and he said it's just a matter of time before it gives up altogether. He told me that they don't make these modems anymore and Plusnet would have to supply a 'router modem'. His report reflects this in the lengthy 'Customer support' ticket I opened. I thought the saga was over and I left a comment, asking for a new one to be sent.

Today, I've had another message from Plusnet support saying ANOTHER BT engineer visit is needed? Seriously?

Not only have I spent countless hours, sitting at home and waiting for 2 x BT engineer visits but it seems that no one is listening to the BT engineer's comments (or mine for that matter).

Please help, it's clear that the fault is with the equipment and is only a matter of unplugging the faulty one and fitting a new one.

Best regards,

Tony

royalbi
Dabbler

Is that a Hub One

royalbi
Dabbler

If its hub one check your event logs in the router!

Vortecks
Hooked

It isn't a hub one. I've got one of the first BT fibre modems with a 'no name' Plusnet router.

Plusnet want to charge me £99 for a new modem because my 18 month contract has expired Sad