Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL connection up and down consistently all day

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: DSL connection up and down consistently all day

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

I can see this issue has been ongoing, I have taken a look over your connection logs from this side and it looks like you've had a pretty stable connection for the past 20 days or so. Can I ask are you connected with our router and not a 3rd party? Are these micro-drops your seeing from your side affecting your service?

Thanks.

Lostinza
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the quick response @Mads .

Your outage diagram does not show micro drops. The logs I attached show my router dropping (and there have been plenty in the last 20 days). 

I am connected with a 3rd party router because (if you'll check case history) I was told that I needed to get a new router (I was using your router) when I first started experiencing issues. For the same price as your router, I could get a significantly better (I can see logs!) one ... I'm running an ASUS DSL-AC68U (latest firmware, etc.). So the issue persists albeit I had to spend a bunch. Can you tell I'm annoyed about that? Smiley

The microdrops are significant enough that most of the time I notice the connection loss. I have a wired VPN system (Juniper SSG5) which reports the outage on every microdrop and I see it on any wireless devices connected too.

I have been around the "we need to check" setup a bunch of times, used both the old PlusNet router (no change) and the new one, most of the line has been replaced (taking the word of the OpenReach engineers on that).

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Lostinza,

Thank you for confirming that you're experiencing microdrops that aren't being picked up on our radius logs and that you have been through the troubleshooting checks, including trying a different router. I'm sorry for the length of time that you've been experiencing connection problems and for the inconvenience caused.

I've tested your line and the test has picked up a fault but has been unable to determine whether this lies internal or external to your property. As this is the case, it's likely that we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. Please can you report the fault here and let us know when you've completed it. We'll then be able to progress this further for you.

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1624
Description Impairment in copper joint detected most likely close to customer premises. Please continue to submit a trouble report.
Main Fault Location CA
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 57.4 Mbps
Upstream Speed 14.3 Mbps
Appointment Required Y
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 281.8
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-74M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-19M Upstream, Retransmission High
Time Stamp 2019-10-31T17:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 57.1 Mbps 72.1 Mbps 67.8 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 6.9 Mbps 19.0 Mbps 17.7 Mbps
Up Time 742.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 898.4 Sec
Retrains 0.0 8.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-11-13T15:28:03Z 2019-11-13T15:43:03Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Lostinza
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thanks @EmilyD .

I've connected to the Master Socket again as requested and reported the fault.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Lostinza

Thanks for raising this - our suppliers have come back to us to request an engineer appointment to your premises.

Could you respond to your fault ticket here and we'll get that booked in for you?

Best wishes

Dave