cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSL Issue - Total loss of Service

mezzor
Grafter

DSL Issue - Total loss of Service

So I moved into a different property recently, all was good for the first few days but then some weird things started happening like my Laptop not having internet connection even though it was connected and other devices were fine, then it switched to my phone, then my Wife's etc etc. I have also been having random drop outs, router flashes orange, red broadband light comes on and then 5 mins later it goes blue again probably once every 3-4 hours, wasn't bothering me enough to log a fault as thought the service still might be settling with it being a new connection.

Now it's completely off, broadband light switches between solid "B" or a flashing "B", did all the tests over the phone was then told PN would look into and come back to me.

I checked the ticket and the ticket says from the 9th that an update will be provided within 24 hours, rang after 24 hours and was told it's actually 72 hours?! Now I've been with most of the major suppliers in my time and none have had this 72 hours thing and has PlusNet ever actually ever fixed anyone's connection during this time?

13 REPLIES 13
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: DSL Issue - Total loss of Service

Sorry for the problems you've experienced, I'm just testing the line now and will reply shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

I've tested your line and it's detected a problem on the line external to your premises, that's been passed through to our suppliers for further investigation.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mezzor
Grafter

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response

So is this being passed to Open Reach and what time scales am I looking at?

Chris
Legend

Yes, it's with Openreach, they've accepted the fault report and I'd hope to hear something within the next 24 hours. We do advise it can take up to 72 but if you haven't heard this time tomorrow just give me a nudge on here and I'll check.

mezzor
Grafter

Sounds good, thanks for your help on this Chris!

mezzor
Grafter

Hi Chris,

As requested, I'm just letting you know that I've not heard anything nor has my ticket been updated since you added your note just shy of 24 hours ago.

Many Thanks

Dan

@Chris wrote:

Yes, it's with Openreach, they've accepted the fault report and I'd hope to hear something within the next 24 hours. We do advise it can take up to 72 but if you haven't heard this time tomorrow just give me a nudge on here and I'll check.

Chris
Legend

I've checked the fault and it's reach the PONR (Point Of No Return), normally this means it's been assigned to an engineer or Openreach have found an issue and are looking at how to resolve it. Sorry it's not more of an update at the moment.

mezzor
Grafter

OK thanks again Chris 😄

Chris
Legend

Hi again,

Looking at your connection logs we're seeing connection attempts hitting our side now, so that's positive! However it looks like your router no longer has the correct connection password, can you try logging in to the router and updating the connection password please.

mezzor
Grafter

Hi Chris,

Where do I find the connection password?

Thanks
Chris
Legend

It'll be the same password you use to log in to our website (not necessarily here). Open a browser, go to 192.168.1.254 and then Home > Settings > Broadband and you should be able to enter it.

mezzor
Grafter

Thank you so much Chris, I'm back online, I'm sure a lot quicker than I would have been If you hadn't intervened.
mezzor
Grafter

Hey Chris, hope you can help again, i had a few issues last night of the net disconnecting and it's completely off again this afternoon Sad