Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS problems

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

DNS problems

I just tried to login into TSB website and in the middle of logging in the page failed to load and it came up with an error regarding dns failed.

Could this be a tsb issues or could be the new network im on ? who knows but i thought id report it. My internet seams to be running fine at the moment and this is the only site where ive noticed that problem.

I did manage to get logged in after refreshing the page 5 times.

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: DNS problems

There was a issue last week that the majority of customers were able to resolve by factory resetting the router.

If its still happening I'd give that a try.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
St3
Aspiring Champion

what the plusnet router or any router ?

mikewalsh
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

You could try changing your dns settings to google (8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4)

Regards

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

As far as I'm aware it only works on our router.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
chrisandaud
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

For some weeks now my PC browser has been failing with ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. My email app fails to find mail.plus.net too. I find that I can bring them back to life at least temporarily by executing ipconfig /flushdns. I've now tried a suggestion that I enter specific DNS addresses for my PC's connection and I tried 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and they seem to work! I'm therefore wondering if the PC connection's 'obtain automatically' DNS setting was obtaining ineffective DNS server addresses from the router. The router is set to Primary DNS: 212.159.6.9, Secondary DNS: 212.159.6.10 which is how it has always been. I suspect that plusnet have a problem with these, their DNS servers. If that is the case, why on earth haven't they owned up? I've been wasting my time for ages over this!

St3
Aspiring Champion

ok matt no worries.