cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS error

msauntson

DNS error

Hi all,

Recently had fibre installed works great on everything else PS4, tablet, smartphones etc expect my laptop using a wireless connection just keep getting DNS errors can anyone help me?
4 REPLIES 4
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: DNS error

Have you tried changing your DNS settings on your computer to rule out a problem with its current setting? If your not sure let me know your operating system version and I can advise further 

James

msauntson

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply laptop is running windows 10.

Matt
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

This article is for windows 7 but you should be able to follow it through http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7406/speed-up-your-web-browsing-with-google-public-dns/

James

glbrookes1

Hello, 

I've been having these DNS error issues since September/October last year. I've opened numerous tickets with plusnet but they do not seem to be taking it seriously nor doing anything to help resolve it. I've been a customer since 2014 but these issues only started since upgrading to fibre. I get the DNS error messages on smartphones, laptops and tablets (different to you!) and even when internet is working it's slower than the non-fibre package I was using before!!!!!! Any ideas?